Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,919   Posts: 1,521,972   Online: 1116

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I registered www.panoshow.org this morning. So far nothing is up, but just an announcement.

Thanks to Joe Lipka's head's up, and showing me a very neat site of lunar photography, I've secured a wonderful landscape panorama from the MOON! Moonpans.com has the reproduction rights from the NASA flights to the moon. They are donating a wonderful print for the show, that is film-based (to appeal to the APUG'ers).

I also have a neat panorama from Mars that will print very beautifully. Unfortunately for APUG'ers it is strictly digital (there's no courier service from Mars I understand).

If there are those who are late getting prints out, but would still like to participate...please send them in. I am hanging the exhibition for the entire month of February in Salt Lake City, then on to points elsewhere. There is still time to participate if you wish. I know time was a bit of a crunch for some, so I'm extending the deadline for entries. You may not make it in time for the show at Utah State University, but the exhibition in February still gives you some time.

Thanks to those who have sent in images. They are great!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The show is up. I put it up over the weekend, took a bunch of time-lapse images and documented the show and the space it's in.

Thank-you for everyone who participated. I have about 14 images, but would love to see more.

The next venue will begin on Feb 1, and it'll hang for a month. Still plenty of time to get your images printed for the next installment of the traveling show.

Thanks again, I hope to get images posted today.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here's a pano from the show:

Working on building the site...it's tricky.

I am getting new entries slowly but surely. If you would still like to participate, I'd love to have you jump in for the next show in Feb.

Thanks to those who are participating so far. All of the photography students at Utah State University where the show is hung, have looked at the show. They are really enjoying the various ways to interpret the format.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Michael, I'll have a 5x12 on its way to you next week. Gonna look dinky next to all the others, though... :rolleyes:

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Looks real fine, Michael! I like the way the viewers are able to get right up to the prints.

Sort of reminds me of the Push-pin party they held right before the photo center opened in San Diego -- before they finished the walls, anyone could come in and put their photos up with push-pins...lots of fun.

Vaughn

PS...and it is cool to have my print in your show twice, dinky as it is!
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Vaughn, yours is one of the prints that I enjoy most. Having experience with large format, experience with pt/pd printing, and having experience trying to photograph in dense forests makes your success very enjoyable for me.

I make sure to point it out to my students, and we talk about what you went through to get that image and make the print. It is a good education. I am going to swap out my print and try to get a 12x20 dyptich for the next show.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Getting the bugs worked out of the site. It's temporarily hosted HERE.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hey, Michael! The website is looking fine, too! Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great news! We have the gallery through the end of January! Then straight to the gallery in Salt Lake for Februrary.

Now that I know we have a longer time to exhibit in Logan, I'll write up a press-release and get it in the newspaper.

I'm very excited about this.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Michael, i have a print in mind to send. 8x20 contact print. It is from an in camera ( the one I built myself) negative. Need to finish it and I'll get it in.

Jim

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin