Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,660   Posts: 1,481,547   Online: 987

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

CALL FOR ENTRIES - panorama only show, Logan, Utah, January '08

Since I'm working a lot in the panoramic format right now, and want to see as many different artists as I can, I have decided to extend a call for entries for a panoramic-only exhibit to be held on the campus of Utah State University, in Logan, Utah to be held from January 5-12, 2008.

The Twain-Tippets Art Gallery is a space approximately 2500 square feet in size with multiple partitions to hang work from. I have arranged to have the gallery for one week in January. It is the first week students will be back on campus from Christmas Break, so there will be a fair amount of exposure to them.

We only get a week because it is an on-campus gallery and there are other students/faculty/guest exhibitors who use the space regularly.

If you are interested, let me know. I am thinking of having a few 'restrictions'.

There is no restriction as to method of image capture or output. Analog and digital will be presented side-by-side.

Preference would definitely be given to any ULF, alt and/or hybrid methods.

I'm also considering making it a print-exchange also...meaning you will not recieve back the print you sent in. (still under consideration...)

In order to make it affordable to both give and mail prints, I'm also going to ask that they not be matted or mounted, but sent in a roll-tube.

The show will be 'lightly-juried' meaning that there will be some help from Craig Law (a photography professor at USU), in deciding who is in and who is out. Honestly, if you submit a print, it'll probably get in.

A small fee (undecided as of yet) will be charged to cover return postage. I would ask that the materials you send your print inside of could also be re-used to return prints to others.

Let me know if there are any suggestions I might do to modify this 'call for entries' and to make the show more sucessful.

I've never curated a show before, so not only is this new territory as to how to do a call for entries, but also in the exhibiting of the images.

Oh, and keep it up!

Michael Slade

Entries should be sent to:

Michael Slade - Panorama Show
    c/o Art Department
    4000 Old Main Hill
    Logan, UT
    84322-4000

Shooter
    Multi Format

CALL FOR ENTRIES - panorama only show, Logan, Utah, January '08

Since I'm working a lot in the panoramic format right now, and want to see as many different artists as I can, I have decided to extend a call for entries for a panoramic-only exhibit to be held on the campus of Utah State University, in Logan, Utah to be held from January 5-12, 2008.

The Twain-Tippets Art Gallery is a space approximately 2500 square feet in size with multiple partitions to hang work from. I have arranged to have the gallery for one week in January. It is the first week students will be back on campus from Christmas Break, so there will be a fair amount of exposure to them.

We only get a week because it is an on-campus gallery and there are other students/faculty/guest exhibitors who use the space regularly.

If you are interested, let me know. I am thinking of having a few 'restrictions'.

There is no restriction as to method of image capture or output. Analog and digital will be presented side-by-side.

Preference would definitely be given to any ULF, alt and/or hybrid methods.

I'm also considering making it a print-exchange also...meaning you will not recieve back the print you sent in. (still under consideration...)

In order to make it affordable to both give and mail prints, I'm also going to ask that they not be matted or mounted, but sent in a roll-tube.

The show will be 'lightly-juried' meaning that there will be some help from Craig Law (a photography professor at USU), in deciding who is in and who is out. Honestly, if you submit a print, it'll probably get in.

A small fee (undecided as of yet) will be charged to cover return postage. I would ask that the materials you send your print inside of could also be re-used to return prints to others.

Let me know if there are any suggestions I might do to modify this 'call for entries' and to make the show more sucessful.

I've never curated a show before, so not only is this new territory as to how to do a call for entries, but also in the exhibiting of the images.

Oh, and keep it up!

Michael Slade

Entries should be sent to:

Michael Slade - Panorama Show
    c/o Art Department
    4000 Old Main Hill
    Logan, UT
    84322-4000

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Michael, So as far as print exchange goes....Does this mean if I submit a Pt/Pd 8x20 print from an in-camera negative, I could receive back a digital capture inkjet print? Also when I order paper I always request that it be shipped flat. But you want me to roll up a platinum print to ship? On a lighter note...What if I want to submit a black glass ambrotype 12x20....how am I going to get it in the tube?

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a 68" wide Pan print from my Fotoman 6x17 I would be please to have considered, it can't be shiped rolled, as it is float mounted already, but since I live in SLC, I could transport it to Logan for consideration. I would not, however, be interested in participating in a print exchange for it, if it were accepted, as the printing cost of the piece is rather substantial.
    Last edited by JBrunner; 09-27-2007 at 09:09 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I might send something if I can do something worthwhile with the 7x17.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are some valid questions. I suppose if you didn't want your print to be part of the print exchange, then you could opt out of that portion of it. I can't imagine that APUG members would want to trade a pt/pd print for a measly inkjet print, so that would be your perrogative.

On the contrary, you wouldn't be forced to enter something that had actual monetary value for you...perhaps you have something a little less...um...lofty that you actually *might* consider entering into a print-exchange type of a show?

I also have some 12x20's that I was considering entering, and I'm not too concerned about giving it away. I'm also going to be doing some solarplate gravures from dig. negatives and in-camera negatives. I wouldn't be entering something I didn't want to exchange for if I were you.

Like I said, that portion of the show is under consideration, but to be fair you aren't forced to submit anything.

JB you can bring your print to my home in Riverton if you'd like. It would be fun to get together anyhow.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I am probably out of my league here, but would a 4"x10" contact platinum print from a camera negative be considered?

Vaughn

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm game. I'll be happy to submit one of my 5x12's in platinum/palladium.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I also am not interested in the print exchange unless the show will be all the same quality of work (ie LF/ULF in-camera negatives, wet-printed). I'm not interested in owning inkjet prints at this time.
    Last edited by TheFlyingCamera; 09-28-2007 at 10:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Michael, what is the purpose of the 'show'? Is it to sell prints - possibly, or just demonstrate ulf, photography in general, etc. etc. The reason being is that I am a big believer in the 'finished' print. I never let a print go out that hasn't been properly matted and mounted...i.e a finished print...whether it's for show or 'tell'. If we want to demonstrate the 'art' of photography and the magical quality of ULF and contact prints, might I suggest a different approach?

The other issue is that you are only dealing with a week which is tough to get adequate exposure?

Just some thoughts. Again, meant to be constructive, please..

I am only tyring to help here....and I would eliminate print exchange as it will only make things more difficult for you...just one more headache you don't need.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin