Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,938   Online: 895

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    It's a short descent from ULF virgin to ULF whore. Welcome to the brothel.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jim should mention he made a very nice (and light) tripod to set that rig up on.
    The walnut looks beeuteeful too..
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    It's a short descent from ULF virgin to ULF whore. Welcome to the brothel.

Priceless quote of the month

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Scott, I've been to your site several times and have been inspired to get in closer. If i had more time, the sunset at 11,000 feet goes very quickly and it gets really really dark. I wanted to get in closer to this root. It was an amazing root system. The Rodenstock Gerogon 360mm lens is great for this format. I have 32 inches of bellows and I had plenty left to use. The wind was an issue. I just developed the negative today and I have to say it is one of the sharpest and best i have ever produced. I can't wait to print it. I am extremely happy because this was a rather rushed shot. Not something you want to do with ULF. Fortunately my friend Bill Theis was there to help me break down before it got to dark. All in all I have only one problem with a holder that has a light leak. It is a little smaller than the others and I'm going to have to shim it some how. Any ideas would be appreciated. Hugo, I sent Dan an E-mail with all of the details of the Owens Valley workshop and at the end I told him it is either the Joshua Trees or the Guadalupe Dunes... they are open now! Alex, thanks for the kind words. I've enjoyed your work and I would like to thank all of the ULF photographers out there whose comments, websites and information I've gathered during this year and a half project have helped me get to this point. So, you can do it with hand tools and some passion after all.

Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    David and Matt. I love being a brothel goer! Bring it on! Yes the tripod is light and I'll post the weights as soon as I can find a scale to weight my new babies.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hey Jim, it was very nice to meet you and your camera over in Lee Vining. That's an excellent piece of work there, and I look forward to the photos...
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jim, I have an old 8x10 Kodak 2D with a shot bellows but the hardware is complete... ...you are a year older than me so I still have time....right?

The hardest thing I have done recently, physically, was moving my son to the University dorm room this fall, that tells you how long we waited to have kids!

When you take your camera out do you have a camper or do you sleep in the back of your truck or stay in motels? I have a Dodge Ram truck and small trailer but the larger the camera collection and its larger sizes makes me want a larger rv.

Curt

ps; Can you get a clear view of the fires from Ventura?
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    also to add.... thats a gorgeous looking camera, Jim.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Curt, it is never to late. I have put one son through Stanford University, I have another who will graduate from the University of Southern California in 2008 and my youngest son is in his second year at UC Santa Cruz. I also have an ex who does not work!! I have a degree in moving science technology from all of these places and it keeps me fit. I work out regularly and just had another birthday last Wednesday. I normally sleep in the back of my four door truck,but on this last trip I used my new 4 seasons REI light weight tent. I loved the space and the threat of bears at night was not good but none were seen the whole time. We used our heads in the campground and did not leave ANYTHING that smelled around. I managed to take the 8x20, my 4x5with the 6x9 back holders, food, clothes etc. and etc. I like being mobile. No $$$ for motels but I figure I'll do that when the last one gets out of college in 09' or 2010. The truck and the trailer thing should work fine. Park the trailer and go out in the truck. Sounds ideal. I just do whatever works for me.

It's never to late to get that 8x10 done. It took me a year and a half to build the 8x20. I did it when the inspiration came. If I can do it in an apartment anyone can do it. The 11x14 is being built as we speak. In my spare time as the inspiration comes. This time I'm going to use up all of my Walnut. No more after this one, I promise. Matt, thanks, I love the way the Walnut camera looks on the Walnut tripod. I am very happy and proud of my accomplishment.

Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Sorry, I meant Scott.

Jim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin