Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,976   Online: 887

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jim, after seeing what you did I was thinking of making an 11x14 with the 2D hardware. You are doing fantastic work there, the 8x20 camera is exquisite. I have most of the 11x14 parts from what I can see here, even a Satin Snow gg from Dave. I have two fine 8x10's and on down. I really want an 11x14 and by George after seeing what you are doing, really gets me going.
    Please let us know how the 11x14 project is going from time to time. It's a terrific inspiration to the craft. If there is anything I can do for you let me know.

Regards,
    Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Jim,
    Great looking setup!
    Welcome to the addiction of ULF and 8x20.

Look forward to seeing the results of that camera being out in that great light.

George
    George Losse
    www.georgelosse.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Curt and George, thanks for the nice comments. I love the 8x20 format. I had a chance to weight the camera today and it came in at 14 lbs. The tripod was 10lbs. and that included the Majestic head. I was not thinking about weight when I built both but I'm happy that it is about as heavy as my 8x10 system that I carry on my back. If I find the right backpack for this system I can take this out some distance from the car. Not that I want to all of the time but it is nice to know that it is doable. I have some ideas on the 11x14 that will be a little different and I will post my progress as it begins to take shape. Thanks again.

jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jim...

Wow is all I can say...congrats!

I know you put your heart and soul in on that beautiful camera. Can't wait to see contact prints in person someday soon.

Wish I could've been with you all this past week...

Paul

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Paul, I will bring it to Joshua Tree for shure. I'll bring some prints too

Jim

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin