Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,863   Online: 945

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Scooter, you must look on the bright side! A 20x24 camera makes a very elegant tent. Now if only a 20x24 camera didn't cost more than a year's worth of my rent...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hey Zebra, I think Toronto is on the road to Portland isn't it?
    -Rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    BTW, if you happen to have on hand a copy of the 2nd edition of Dick Arentz's Platinum and Palladium Printing you will find at the beginning of Appendix f, page 203, a very nice (IMO) example of a 20X24" palladium print by me from a same size in-camera negative. Course, no way to really appreciate the real print from the small reproduction, but let me say, it is quite impressive in real time.

The negative was made with my homemade camera, and holders, that were sent off earlier this year to the NW territories.

Sandy King
    Last edited by sanking; 11-09-2007 at 04:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Sandy, upon reading this thread I have to admit to you, that I immediately thought of that exact reproduction of your 20x24 print from Arentzs' book.

Impressive in reproduction and I imagine even more so in the flesh. Hopefully one day I can see some in person.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scootermm View Post
    Sandy, upon reading this thread I have to admit to you, that I immediately thought of that exact reproduction of your 20x24 print from Arentzs' book.

Impressive in reproduction and I imagine even more so in the flesh. Hopefully one day I can see some in person.

Maybe a pilgrimage could be organized?
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    You know I've tried to ignore this thread. I promised myself I would stop after building the 11x14! You guys are killing me!!!

Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    You know I've tried to ignore this thread. I promised myself I would stop after building the 11x14! You guys are killing me!!!

Jim

Jim,

It would be just as easy to build a 20X24 as a 11X14.

Sandy

Shooter
    Large Format
    There is going to be a Chamonix shoot out next Sunday morning at The Walt Disney Concert Hall. Three Chamonix ULF cameras will show up, 7x17", 8x20" and yes, a 20x24". Tri and I are trying out a Zeiss Protar V. F/18 46cm lens on that camera. Tri is going to make a platinum print if we have a good negative. 5-6 people will be there and shoot and have breakfast afterward.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hugo,

I just had a business trip in LA and went down to the concert hall to shoot myself this past weekend. Sorry I missed it by a week! I had my 10 x 12 with me as I can't haul the 20 x 24 with me on business trips!!!!! Can't say I made anything spectacular but then that is hardly the point as it was a great day outside of the hotel.

Hope ya'll have a great day. I love Tri's work--pass along a hearty virtual hello to everyone from one out east who is afflicted.

best,

Monty

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    Jim,

It would be just as easy to build a 20X24 as a 11X14.

Sandy
    Yes, I know sandy. Bigger is better??!!! But then I have to feed the thing. Once the kids are out of college???? Maybe someday. The 11x14 is already underway. One camera at a time.

Jim

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin