Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,560   Online: 835

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertP View Post
    I want to meet the guy who backpacks a 12x20 with six holders and lenses. But not in a dark alley.
    Robert, come on now. I just found a backpack for the 8x20. Takes all of my stuff and I can get only 2 holders in. I'm only 5"6" and 135lbs. and I'll still put some miles on with that camera on my back. Haven't done it yet but when I was in Yosemite the end of last month I saw some great 8x20 compositions but I couldn't get the camera through the snow. By the way at 57 I can still haul 40 lbs on gear on my back. Got to stay in shape. The 8x20 pack by the way is 31lbs. actually a little lighter than my 8x10 set up. I forgot that I have 3 11x14 holders for the 11x14 I'm building.... need to find a way to haul this one too. Way to many backpacks!!

Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    Robert, come on now. I just found a backpack for the 8x20. Takes all of my stuff and I can get only 2 holders in. Jim
    Please share with us the name and model number of backpack

Thanks, Steve
    Real Photographs are Born Wet !
    http://www.steve-sherman.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sherman View Post
    Please share with us the name and model number of backpack

Thanks, Steve
    Steve, of course I will. I made a separate post for it but I guess no one saw it. I just got a REI Mars 85 backpack. It is the large one that comes in at 5300 ci. and weights 5 lbs. 11 oz per the spec's. The pack has a clamshell opening on the front and you can access it from there or the top. My 8x20 fits inside with two film holders, three lenses, Packard shutter, extension rail, stabilizer bars filters and other misc. stuff. I still have the side pockets and the top of the pack available for more stuff. Fully loaded it comes in at about 31 lbs. If anyone is interested I'll load it up and take some pics of it. It cost me less than $100.00. It lists for $199.00 and through the end of the month you can get 20% off. I took advantage of this and used my dividend to get it down to about 85.00. This pack weights in less than the 8x10 pack I carry now. I wish I would have had it at Yosemite a couple of weeks ago because I saw some great compositions of trail but my rolling pack was no good in the snow. If anyone needs the dimensions of my camera let me know and I can give them to you to see if your ULF will fit. This will be easy for a 7x17. 12x20 I don't know.

Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks Jim

There is an REI a couple of towns away.

Steve
    Real Photographs are Born Wet !
    http://www.steve-sherman.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sherman View Post
    Thanks Jim

There is an REI a couple of towns away.

Steve
    Steve, you're welcome. The pack fits me really well and I can't wait to get it out in the field for a real test.

Jim

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin