Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,967   Posts: 1,523,371   Online: 1202

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

?Film Filing Jackets X Ray?

X Ray film filing jackets are available in 14 x 17 and other ULF sizes and are quite affordable on the bay....does anyone have experience with these?

Thanks
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If your put film in an X-ray proof jacket and try to fly with it, the inspectors will want to open it and see what is inside. You can't take X-ray proof containers on flights, and this is the only place you are exposed to X-rays, so what is the use? In real life we don't need x-ray proof bags for film. In air flight situations, inspectors will take contents from x-ray bags out and x-ray them. So what do you gain? Just time wasted. Carry-on X-ray scanners do not fog film. Checked baggage X-ray scanners do fog film. Simple as that.
    Carry on your film, and allow them to scan it.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I was more thinking of using the x ray film holders-filing jackets to file and store exposed and developed, 14 x 17 negs? should have been more specific...thanks
    Last edited by Dave Wooten; 11-16-2007 at 10:32 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If it is good for X-ray film, it should be OK for camera film. But...it may not be archival. X-rays do not need to last 100 years. X-ray film is more prone to scratches than camera film, as it is normally coated with emulsion on both sides.

Shooter
    ULarge Format

?Film Filing Jackets X Ray?

Hi Dave, u' right, x-ray films can be used in large format. I was in a hospital in 2005 and the operator was a woman, photographer in her lost hours. She showed me how the film was exposed, the film is not much X-ray sensitive but is pressed to a phosphoric screen with intensification. This screen converts x-ray into blue or green light.
    So: the X-ray film is light sensitive, 100 to 400 iso but orthochromatic. As i used the maco orthochromatic filsm, i appreciate the X-ray films, because of the Thick polyester, quantity of silver, cheap prices, and fast process of treatment in red light.
    So u had a good idea....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin