Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,460   Online: 828

Shooter
    Multi Format

How lucky can one get? ;-)

Well, I love ebay, I really do (sometimes at least).

And so it came about, that I found myself bidding on "A BIG SIZE WOODEN CAMERA". The price of 300$ sounded fair, considering the listing included two holders and a 24cm Voigtlander Heliar. I was hoping it being the sibling to the Watson&Sons 8x10 which I had gotten a few months before from the same seller.

Well, the camera arrived today. Looked a little on the large side inside all that bubblewrap. Then came the shocker - the sucker isn't a Watson&Sons, nor is it a 8x10 either. CRAP!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Turns out, it is an 10x12 Gandolfi (acording to the label). Now what should I do? Leaving a negative feedback to the seller for misrepresenting the item.? How good can a 300$ Gandolfi be for crying out loud? Gotta have to leave now, need a drink ...

Chris (PS: someone having 10x12 film for sale by chance?)

EDIT: Jeepers, there's another thread with the same name and about another Gandofli too. And I didn't notice it. Where do I have left my mind?
    [SIZE=1]Tiptoeing through life's grand theater - and falling down flat.[/SIZE]

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    So there are two of them!?

10x12" is a nice format. My favorite print size is 9.5x12", so naturally I have a camera in that format. 10x12" is almost as nice (just a little bit too square)!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    my thread - my gandolfi.. but slightly bigger than yours (12x16")

if you are mis content, I'll be happy to buy it from you for 300$....
    (one can never get enough Gandolfi's!!)

by the way: can't you post a picture..

show mt yours and I'll show you mine...)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Sounds like you got a good deal! A 12x10 Gandolfi went for just under £1000 a few days ago in the UK. Ilford make film of that size as a special order - I was quoted about £95 per box if I remember correctly. It may be easier to find 14x11 film and cut it to size...
    Last edited by Ian Leake; 11-27-2007 at 04:52 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    a german shop, called wephota will give all you need!

http://www.wephota.de/down/wephota/wepr.pdf

look at page 14

I don't know about shipping, but I think they send world wide.

good luck - I am jealoux!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin