Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,012   Posts: 1,524,693   Online: 724

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That looks just like the one we used to have at work. When we moved to a new building we left it behind and just took the two lenses which, if I remember correctly, were both Nikon and huge. I wonder where they are now- I may do a bit of searching today!

Ours was used for reducing artwork done at twice or four times full size down to the correct size for screen printing.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Seems to me you could just lay your ulf neg on the illuminated copy board and put a piece of print paper in the film back and fire away. Kinda backassward of the way you usually think of an enlarger but it works.
    A vertical paper holder can be made to hold a sheet furthur behind the camera for making even bigger prints than the film back can hold.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rkmiec View Post
    could it be turned in to an enlarger? maybe a better idea then a ulf beast
    Yes, but it wouldn't be trivial.

You'd need to rig up a light source that would take the place of the back. I'd think a bank of florescents would give the best coverage. And you'd need to seperate the bellows from the current lens board, fabricate a negative stage and add a bellows between the neg stage and the lens board.

That camera is not very old.

Ed

Shooter
    35mm
    When I said it only needed TLC to become an enlarger... Well, around here that stands for Tons of Loot and Cash...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin