Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,851   Posts: 1,582,868   Online: 925

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by garysamson View Post
    I have been waiting a year for two 12x20 film holders. When I occasionally reach him via email there is always the promise of delivery in a week or so but......................... you know the rest of the story.
    Gary,

I would have sent that order to Quality Camera (S&S) or Fred Newman (AWB) so fast and never looked back. A year is waaaaaay toooooo loooong to wait for a couple film holders.

Just my 2 cents,
    John Bowen

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Wisner contact

Quote Originally Posted by Emile de Leon View Post
    Ron Wisner is still in business. ...
    If You talk to Ron could You ask him if there is any chance that he might put out the design specs on the Polaroid Developer and filmholders. From what I read elsewhere he discontinued the production of them. It would be a nice gesture to the ULF society. Or perhaps someone with good connections at Polaroid can make the publicise the specs.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkenberg View Post
    If You talk to Ron could You ask him if there is any chance that he might put out the design specs on the Polaroid Developer and filmholders. From what I read elsewhere he discontinued the production of them. It would be a nice gesture to the ULF society. Or perhaps someone with good connections at Polaroid can make the publicise the specs.
    There was one for sale on ebay a few weeks back....check the archives, I think it still might be on the market.

I certainly would not give my designs for zip!!!:o
    Last edited by Dave Wooten; 12-19-2007 at 05:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jgjbowen View Post
    Gary,

I would have sent that order to Quality Camera (S&S) or Fred Newman (AWB) so fast and never looked back. A year is waaaaaay toooooo loooong to wait for a couple film holders.

Just my 2 cents,
    I waited for over a year for film holders from Ron a few years ago. I finally gave up and acquire filmholders elsewhere. I'm not sure Wisner ever made a filmholder.

Shooter
    Large Format
    1) Go to Richard ... he is great and work far superior to Wisner's

2) Ron has money from other sources so yes, you could call it a hobby business

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I own a 7x17 Wisner and although I love the camera, I hope the hell I never have to get anything from Wisner as they have taken mediocrity of service to new lows.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Gary

AWB Enterprises can, and does, make 12x20 (and other holdes).
    Alan is very responsive and will give you an honest estimate of the length of time it takes. His work is excellent. I've had 6 of each 7x17 and 12x20 holders since 1995 and have had NO problems with them. He can also custom build hard cases for your holders - I use these for transport.

Gary -- maybe its time to cancel and find another source?

I have not ties with AWB, other than a satisfied user.

Don

Shooter
    Large Format
    .....And I'm another very satisfied AWB user.
    —Eric

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Me three. I have three of his 5x12 holders. Beautifully made, no leaks, gaps or other issues. When I have another spare $1K to burn I'll order three more to take on a major expedition somewhere. They're objects of true beauty in addition to total functionality.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I use AWB holders also. for 8x20 and 12x20. I agree with Don. They are some of the best built on the market. He is also building a wet-plate holder for me now. My only complaint is I can never get off the phone with him once we start talking. A good guy and great craftsman. He is basically a 1-3 man operation so his lead times can be somewhat long but he will be upfront and honest with you about when you will get your order. His double light trap design makes for a really light- tight holder. And I also have no ties with AWB... just another satisfied customer.
    Last edited by RobertP; 12-20-2007 at 12:47 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin