Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,291   Online: 903

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Is Wisner out of business ?

I have tried to email the people at Wisner for some time, but with no reply. Tried to call the today, but the phone seemed to be down with no reply.

Do any of You know why they are not ansvering ?

Shooter
    Large Format
    The truth be told no one knows.

If you need parts or service I have been repairing his cameras for the past 10 years.

Richard Ritter
    www.lg4mat.net

Ron Wisner is still in business. His workshop in Marion MA is up and running. I visited there 2 mos ago and all the equipment up is ready to go. Essentially the company consists of Marie (his head woodworker for 15 years) and him. Cameras can take longer or shorter to make, you can never tell. But patience is definately a virtue here. The cameras that have been coming out recently have been a cut above those in the past. He has and wants less orders (doesnt want the pressure anymore), and takes his time with the cameras now so the fit and finish is much better. If you need a small order like a lensboard or similar, if it is not in stock be prepared to wait. I'm taking orders for him at this point in time and am his only dealer for new equipment right now. I have some lensboards and Wisner adapter boards in stock at good prices. Emile/www.deleon-ulf.com

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks Emile, that is good news indeed!
    Best of luck to you, Ron, and Marie, and a joyous holiday season to all!
    [FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Richard T Ritter View Post
    The truth be told no one knows.

If you need parts or service I have been repairing his cameras for the past 10 years.

Richard Ritter
    www.lg4mat.net
    For the last ten years Richard has been fixing what should have been caught and corrected by any semblance of quality control from the Wisner factory. Fact is that people that drop significant dollars on a ULF camera are not to keen on waiting for protracted periods for simple repair jobs because they (like me) want to make photographs. If it were not for Richard I would have been screwed, blued and tattooed with my Wisner experiences.

No offense Emil but the average LF/ULF photographer has about as much patience as a bear that just came out of hibernation. Qualify all you want but when I hear that there is Ron and a single employee in the camera making business, I question just how much work is really capable of being done? That may very be the reason that the phone is not being answered. Obviously it is rather difficult to use a band saw and take a camera order at the same time.

Thankfully that there are several new camera makers that have come into this market and are meeting this demand for quality Lf and ULF cameras very effectively.

That said, the future is still very bright and vibrant.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Perhaps Wisner has an independent income, and this is more of a serious hobby business for him? Nothing like needing to earn a living to get production up.

Shooter
    Large Format
    If he doesn't answer emails inviting business, I would say he has abandoned his business. Who would want to do business with someone who doesn't want the business? Save yourself a lot of frustration and find someone else to buy a camera from or repair a Wisner. Too bad, I really liked his cameras. I still have one I use.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    My ebony is of quality and nothing short of perfection. I have a 8x10 and a 4x5. The only other LF or ULF camera that can match is a deardorff, and from what I heard was the Deardorff family is getting back into the camera business.

mike a
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have been waiting a year for two 12x20 film holders. When I occasionally reach him via email there is always the promise of delivery in a week or so but......................... you know the rest of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by michael9793 View Post
    My ebony is of quality and nothing short of perfection. I have a 8x10 and a 4x5. The only other LF or ULF camera that can match is a deardorff, and from what I heard was the Deardorff family is getting back into the camera business.

mike a
    From what was posted on Tuan's site, Jack Deardorff has sadly passed away.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin