Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,557   Posts: 1,573,264   Online: 1015

Shooter
    4x5 Format

new 7x17 darkslides spotted

I saw a couple of auctions on ebay for new 7x17 darkslides to fit korona holders. I have a couple of damaged darkslide handles. Anybody know about the ones currently on ebay? Thank you

DL Shaffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can you ask the seller for the exact dimensions? Can you fix the handles or are they torn at the point of entry into the slide?

Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Barry Young is the "Young Camera Company" that sourced those on ebay. He posts regularly. Send him an email to ensure he sees this...

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    Can you ask the seller for the exact dimensions? Can you fix the handles or are they torn at the point of entry into the slide?

Curt
    Hi Curt:

These are new darkslides, not used or damaged in any way. The reference to tears in the plastic material was pointing out why most darkslides fail.

The blades are 7.375 inches wide and 18.340 inches long not counting the handle.

The handles are not damaged, this is new product made in my workshop.

Thanks for yourt interest.
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Don12x20 View Post
    Barry Young is the "Young Camera Company" that sourced those on ebay. He posts regularly. Send him an email to ensure he sees this...

Thanks Don.
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I saw a couple of auctions on ebay for new 7x17 darkslides to fit korona holders. I have a couple of damaged darkslide handles. Anybody know about the ones currently on ebay? Thank you
    He said he has a couple of damaged darkslide handles. I don't know anything about what is/was being sold on eBay.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    He said he has a couple of damaged darkslide handles. I don't know anything about what is/was being sold on eBay.

Gee Curt, I am sorry. I guess I missed that in the first post. Sorry
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    In addition to the width and length the thickness of the dark slide material is also important. If there is a difference of more than about 0.015" the dark slide may not insert into your holder.

Sandy King

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    In addition to the width and length the thickness of the dark slide material is also important. If there is a difference of more than about 0.015" the dark slide may not insert into your holder.

Sandy King
    You are absolutely right Sandy. The thickness of these darkslides is .062 inch like the ones on my original Korona holder and on the holders I am currently producing.

Thanks for pointing that out.
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin