Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,221   Online: 1055

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMinchin View Post
    That dinky little lens on such a huge camera camera reminds me of something I heard a comedian talking about a few years back. It's like a body builder on steroids, in that the only muscle that really counts (penis) becomes comparatively smaller as the other muscles get bigger.

Murray
    Murray, the funny thing is that a 19" artar isn't all that small, about 2 1/2" in diameter and about as long.

erie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very interesting camera, but I'm far more curious about the story you gave the wife.

For the life of me, I can't think of a single, credible explanation for bringing that thing home.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pandino,
    You mean "it was free, couldn't let a perfectly good (insert part here) go to waste!!".

(nice Chief Illiniwick avatar, where'd you get that?)

erie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How about "It followed me home"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used "I won it on ebay for $1" once, for a devere 1010 enlarger, 3 hour drive, wish I'd of brought a bigger truck, could of had a lifetime supply of raw chemicals, another enlarger, probably a cube van full. Sad thing was the guy described some of the other stuff (dumpster full) he'd thrown out the week before, made me ill to hear about several cases of unused 8x10 holders tossed, 8x10 copy cameras, the list went on and on, he even had digipics of it.

erie

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pandino View Post
    Very interesting camera, but I'm far more curious about the story you gave the wife.

For the life of me, I can't think of a single, credible explanation for bringing that thing home.
    This might be the reason I'm a bachelor!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik L View Post
    This might be the reason I'm a bachelor!
    Seriously. I won't even consider marriage until I have all the cameras I want. Thankfully, I keep learning about new ones here and on the LF Forum . . .

Might be time to re-open that thread about why cameras are better than wives/husbands again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram View Post
    I think its best to give that thing its own four legs and teach it walk.
    It might be able to carry you to the photoshoot.
    And even learn some tricks and acrobatics and scare off the little brats.
    I was thinking something more like mounting it on a Caterpillar or a M1 Abrams.
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

S°ren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren View Post
    I was thinking something more like mounting it on a Caterpillar or a M1 Abrams.
    Hmmm, you have a point there Soeren.
    Take out the main gun of the tank, install the camera, use the loader crewmember to load the film holders with Erik as the captain and go to fight the War on Terror and show the goverment that photographers are on their side.
    Or just terrorize the malls and make an exhibition of the photos, which will make all photographers a real threat to be reckoned with.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It would also make the perfect coffin for a photographer. Given the price coffins go for these days, you could make a LOT of money snapping these things up, mounting a few handles (http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...,43659&p=41993) and marketing them on APUG.

You could be the next Jim Galli of Photographer Caskets, creating a market where previously there was none. How better to bury someone with their favorite casket lens set?

All I ask is a small fee for having developed the idea . . .

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin