Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,690   Posts: 1,548,840   Online: 1009
      
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 49
  1. #31
    arigram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Crete, Greece
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    5,474
    Images
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence View Post
    It would also make the perfect coffin for a photographer. Given the price coffins go for these days, you could make a LOT of money snapping these things up, mounting a few handles (http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...,43659&p=41993) and marketing them on APUG.

    You could be the next Jim Galli of Photographer Caskets, creating a market where previously there was none. How better to bury someone with their favorite casket lens set?

    All I ask is a small fee for having developed the idea . . .
    Maybe the Ga tribe people of Ghana have already made a coffin like that.
    I mean, they've made stranger.
    http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePag...y.php?ID=52081
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit




  2. #32

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,346
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram View Post
    Maybe the Ga tribe people of Ghana have already made a coffin like that.
    I mean, they've made stranger.
    http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePag...y.php?ID=52081
    Oooooh. Might need to get a six-pack of those beer coffins.

  3. #33
    pandino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Chihuahua, MX
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    160
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by epatsellis View Post
    Pandino,
    You mean "it was free, couldn't let a perfectly good (insert part here) go to waste!!".

    (nice Chief Illiniwick avatar, where'd you get that?)

    erie
    I saved the Chief to my computer before he was outlawed by the PC police a few years back.

    My wife is very understanding of my dozens of cameras, but no, the "it was free" story wouldn't quite compensate for the need to bulldoze a wall to get this monster into the house.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    905
    Easy solution if you have a garage......

    Don't know if you were aware, but the U of I has several undergrads still learing the Chief's dances and such, saw it on the news the other day. Apparently, the NCAA can outlaw the mascot, but not the teaching of the customs and such. (for now, just a matter of time, I'm sure)


    erie

  5. #35
    Mick Fagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,842
    Images
    29
    So it's a repro camera, could you show a picture of the film end. I'm assuming the cut sheet film would have been held by a clip or clips.

    Presumably it was originally on a set of rails so it could be focused at a set magnification factor. Sort of a mini gallery camera.

    I wonder if there was provision for a dot screen filter, for half tone reproduction?

    You should be able to do some pretty wonderful 1-1 pictures with this.

    Mick.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    600
    Images
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    So it's a repro camera, could you show a picture of the film end. I'm assuming the cut sheet film would have been held by a clip or clips.

    Presumably it was originally on a set of rails so it could be focused at a set magnification factor. Sort of a mini gallery camera.

    I wonder if there was provision for a dot screen filter, for half tone reproduction?

    You should be able to do some pretty wonderful 1-1 pictures with this.

    Mick.
    Mick, here's some pics of the back and film holder. The film holder just has a piece of glass and nothing to hold the film. I'm guessing you just tape the film to it? On the camera back frame there is some adjustable sliders with some clips/springs that look like you could attach something to but it is
    not in the same alignment as the ground glass. I don't know how that would work unless there are other backs that you could fit in those sliders. If anyone knows how this works, I would be grateful for the help.
    regards,
    Erik
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Big guy.jpg   film holder.jpg   camera back.jpg  

  7. #37

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    600
    Images
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik L View Post
    Mick, here's some pics of the back and film holder. The film holder just has a piece of glass and nothing to hold the film. I'm guessing you just tape the film to it? On the camera back frame there is some adjustable sliders with some clips/springs that look like you could attach something to but it is
    not in the same alignment as the ground glass. I don't know how that would work unless there are other backs that you could fit in those sliders. If anyone knows how this works, I would be grateful for the help.
    regards,
    Erik
    Does anyone know how to properly load film in this thing?
    Erik

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    905
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik L View Post
    Does anyone know how to properly load film in this thing?
    Erik
    Erik,
    all of the process cameras I have used (and own myself) have a vacuum back, which incidentally, make killer vacuum easels...


    erie

  9. #39

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    600
    Images
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by epatsellis View Post
    Erik,
    all of the process cameras I have used (and own myself) have a vacuum back, which incidentally, make killer vacuum easels...


    erie
    Erie, a couple posts above is the picture of the film holder. It is glass backed up with wood and a darkslide. There seems no way other than tape to put film in it. On the camera back, there are variable adjustment sliders that I'm not sure what they are for. Can you make any sense out of it? It's all new to me.
    regards
    erik

  10. #40
    richard ide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,215
    Erik
    Kodak used to make a product called Photo Flat. It was a coating which was brushed on to a surface and never really dried and was slightly sticky. A long time ago, I saw someone use it to hold film in an old photostat camera. there was a post with a formula on APUG a short while ago and I cannot remember the thread. I wanted the formula myself. When I find it I will PM you the information. It will be a few days before I can search.
    Richard

    Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin