Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,953   Posts: 1,557,992   Online: 1094

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any body have an European source for lith film like Freestyles ? Large sheets.

Also the Agfa aerial films?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The latter are sold directly by Agfa.
    (Beware of quantities.)

Some conversions are sold by Maco.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    X-ray film gets is dense blacks from the "hot and fast" development in very active developers. When used for pictorial photography is is fairly easy to develop in common camera film developers such as D-76, HC-110, etc., and get full toned images. You just have to experiment with exposure times and development times.
    In some cases you can develop by inspection under a deep red safelight.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Hot and fast and tough will most probably apply to medical films too.
    Ecxept for dental films I guess the majority of medical films are designed for use with fluorescent srcreens.
    I further guess in industrial use there will be less employment of screens which will result in different emulsion design.

Don,

I somehow overlooked your post... You said it all.

However industrial films will need more likely less speed than medical films. Thus an unsensitized industrial film could be less grainy than an unsensitized medical film.
    speaking of dental films, anybody ever play with Kodak T-Mat film? I have a box of 8x10 and 6x12 here, wondering where to start....

erie

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    We used to use the industrex out where I work. When I got the chems ready I would always put some under the enlarger and print on it from a 4X5 negative. It acts more like paper than film. If you wanted to make transparent contact prints from your 7X17 negs it would work well. It has a blue cast when finished that goes neutral with an incandescent light source behind it. It develops to completion like paper in Dektol or Industrex developer. The Industrex developer is more potent than Dektol having a higher ph from using sodium Hydroxide. I have quite a few 14X17 transparent prints. Kind of fun, different, but not practical to display.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Erie,
    I've been using 8x10 T-Mat L-RA for a few months now. I like the look and it's pretty easy to work with. I bought one box that was 3 years past date, stored in a warehouse, and the base fog is just barely noticeable.

Shooter
    35mm
    "Silver Rich"?????

It either has enough, or it doesn't.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What was your starting EI and development, it'd be nice to be in the ball park, as I hate cutting up film to 4x5 for EI testing.

erie

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    For D76 1:1 I've been shooting it around 125 and developing in trays for 6 min. This usually gives me good contrast for palladium. One thing to consider though, I am only using older lenses with a packard shutter and generally in overcast conditions. Hope this helps.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    "Silver Rich"?????

It either has enough, or it doesn't.
    You may enjoy Roger Hicks' post in this thread (elsewhere)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin