Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,723   Posts: 1,514,997   Online: 1214

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I like the big ground glass, kind of like a canvas...and the tonality and detail of a contact print. They have a 'tactile' quality about them. Plus it's challenging and fun at the same time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i like making big paper negative contacts.
    they are a lot of fun.
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    A lot of people stop and talk to me. Most of the time, they ask "Is that a Hasselblad? Will it take color pictures?" Then, the pixel gizmo comes out of the pocket and they ask "Why don't you use on of these? Its a lot smaller!"
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have a lot of people who stop and talk to me too. Sometimes the digital question comes up, most of the time though, it doesn't. Sometimes I get asked what I do with my pictures and I am to the point where I want to give a better answer than to say I do nothing with them. I just haven't figured out what to do with them. I shoot for myself or for my own reasons.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jorge, who many should remember, tried to persuade me to move to ULF, and if I had it would have been to use a Banquet camera 7x17 or a similar format.

What stopped me was a realisation, I'd already gone 10x8 and had planned to contact print but one look at my negatives wanted to enlarge, so found an enlarger. Will I change, will Pigs fly but I'll always want to enlarge

Practicalities stopped me in my tracks, I never "Contact Print" and so instead I first bought a 6x17 (cm) camera because it's portable, can be used hand-held.

That doesn't rule out buying and using a ULF camera, but only if I find a good camera with sufficient dark-slides at a reasonable price.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don`t have a ULF Camera, but I do have an 8x10 and I am interested in the AZO type paper mentioned in the link for contact prints. Any more information on this product?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't have an ULF camera either. Just a mechanical device that puts my 450C Fujinon at the distance for infinity from a gg glass frame that takes a film holder. The rest is coupled with a black plastic bag attached to both "standards" with its own frame. The whole thing is in my attic and I take pictures of a mountain range with dramatic clouds, if present. 12x20 format. A kind of a photographic observatory where the telescope is replaced with a photographic lens. My way of the ULF photography.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    So I can pull muscles trying to get it out of my truck.
    No! So I have the biggest Mother F camera around.
    No! because when I look at the images on the walls in my operatories they looks so good and knowing they are contact prints makes me want to go out and make more.

mike
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Because I photograph Ultra Large landscapes.

Sometimes a bigger sheet of film is the only feasible way to fit it all in. I know that theoretically there should be no big difference between using a 65mm lens on 4x5" or a 210mm lens on 12x16", but yet...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I first shot 8x10 and printed on Azo. I loved the contact printing process. Especially on Azo. One day a got a stick up my butt to go larger so I decided to go to 8x20. Didn't have the $$$$$$ for it so I built my own camera and tripod. It went so well I decided to build an 11x14. I love both of these "Beasts". The contact prints have a special look to them that I can't get from my enlargements. An 11x14 Azo print is something to see! I just wish I had been smart enough to get a stockpile of the 20x24 when it was available. Hopefully Michal Smith will have the Lodima Fine Art paper out soon. Nothing easier than printing on a silver chloride paper. I hope that one day I'll be printing 11x14 and 8x20 prints in Carbon.

Jim

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin