Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,683   Posts: 1,548,541   Online: 965

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    30" Dagor? WOW! Now there is one I've only read about. I bet that baby'll cover the side of a barn.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for the input, now I know what to look for. I have been offered a Emil Busch Comb 36" II lens. I have no idea if it will cover that format. The guy selling has no experience with lenses (he sell antiques). I has no lensboard and is very cheap. I am thinking about using it on my 12x16" camera too. I guess it will cover that format without any problems.
    If a man does not keep in step with his fellows it may be because he hears a different drummer... Thoreau

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Mikkel
    In photografica they have an Emil Busch 36" comb II lens for 6000 kr. It's gigantic!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    There is a list of vintage lenses for 20X24 at the following site. http://www.wisner.com/20x24lens.htm
    Most of these will be hard to find, and some very expensive.

In the modern era the best buys would be process lenses in the 30-35" range. Any lens of this type (Apo-Tessars, Apo-Nikkors, Red Dota Artars, etc.) will cover 20X24 easily. For super modern types, the 600mm Fujinon A would be a great lens, and the best of all is the 550 XXL Schenider, which is really a multi-coated Dagor type lens, and super contrasty. But you will have to pay a lot for the 600mm Fujinon-A and the 550 XXL.

Any Dagor of 19" or more should cover 20X24 with movements, but these also tend to cost a lot.

Sandy King

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Will this cover 20x24" format - Goerz Apochromat Artar 14/42 Inch. It is for sale at almost local auction.

The antique dealer want 500 kr for the lens I mentioned above. I guess I am buying it just to check it out.
    If a man does not keep in step with his fellows it may be because he hears a different drummer... Thoreau

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    a 14" Apo-Artar will barely cover 8x10. If it is a 42" Artar, it should cover 20x24 with no problem. I've not heard of a 14/42 before - is that supposedly a convertible lens?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    That would be a good choice. It is a 42" f14 lens. It will cover a 22x27" plate at 1:10 and a 42x48" plate at 1:1. But you will need lots of bellows.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Fujinon 600C is a great lens for the format. Doesn't weight anything.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I reckon that my 600m f/9 apo-rodagon process lens should cover 20x24 with some movement. The thing just weighs so much, I think you can forget putting it on a wooden camera. I did take it past 1:1 with a ridiculous piece of aluminum extrusion as a rail, but you know what my problem was? Couldn't reach all the way from the darkslide to the lens to hand shutter it. :rolleyes: Now that is a problem, when you need an assistant just to pull a darkslide.

Besides all these glorious oldies, what about pinhole Should be quite special at that size.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Pinhole is also on my plan, just need to figure out the size of the hole.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin