Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,979   Online: 975

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Right, theres a bleed valve and a vacuum gauge on most, my NuArc has it. You can set the vacuum from full to nothing with a twist of the valve.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    ULarge Format

Vacuum frame for 20x24

A vacuum frame is a must for 20x24 for any semblance of image quality. Sandy and Nicholas explained it well. For those of you who think a clip or split back frame is OK try placing a 1/2" wide stouffer step wedge across the split or in the middle of a clip frame and expose it onto a piece of coated paper. I think you'll be sorely dissapointed. You'll see very clearly whether the frame is holding the negative and sensitized paper in contact. This is the test I have any student do who brings their own contact frame to a workshop. I've seen very expensive frames fail the test.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkenberg View Post
    Does anyone know about who produces a 20x24" contactprinting frame ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin