Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,581   Online: 1098

Thread: ULF T-Max 400

Shooter
    Large Format

ULF T-Max 400

I'm thinking of ordering some of the new film in 7X17 format (believe deadline is next month). Are those who have already received it in ULF sizes pleased with its performance? At $194 per box I don't want it sitting in freezer while mostly using FP-4. I only contact print 7X17. Any feedback appreciated.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hello Doug ... I would order a lifetime supply of the stuff if I could afford it. TMY is some of the finest film for ULF format (or any large format size) that I have used. I shoot 8 x 20 and 5 x 7 and it's like gold when I can find any. Get all that you can afford from this special order. Not sure if there will be another opportunity again in the future ...

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by doughowk View Post
    I'm thinking of ordering some of the new film in 7X17 format (believe deadline is next month). Are those who have already received it in ULF sizes pleased with its performance? At $194 per box I don't want it sitting in freezer while mostly using FP-4. I only contact print 7X17. Any feedback appreciated.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Rick is right - get it while you can. Stock up the freezer.
    I got TMY 7x17 in the last cut which was several years ago.
    Like you, I also use FP-4, but you will find reciprocity characteristics are better with TMY than FP4, and you'll want the increase in film speed for outdoors.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I shot 125 sheets of 12x20 TMY from the last cutting and still have 60 sheets in the freezer. I just received another 100 sheets from the current cutting. I've been shooting TMY in 4x5, 8x10 and 12x20 for 20 years. Reciprocity is the best you can get especially when shooting inside cathedrals where the subject brightness range is 10 or more stops. My longest exposure was 1 hour with TMY. Reciprocity for Tri-X would have required an exposure of 2-3 or more hours. In my humble opinion, there is no better b&w film.

Bob Herbst

Quote Originally Posted by doughowk View Post

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin