Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,931   Posts: 1,585,435   Online: 1068

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Tachihara 11x14 Cut Film Holders

Good day ULFers,

Does anyone here own Tachihara 11x14 film holders? Can you comment on quality, light-tightness, etc? I need some more 11x14 film holders for upcoming trips. They seem to be reasonably priced. Thanks & best regards, Markus Albertz

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hi Markus,
    I have one I bought from Midwest Photo. The quality is of the holder is exceptional. My only complaint is that the film channel is extremely tight making it difficult to load the film. I have had to resort to wearing gloves to load film so that I don't leave fingerprints on the negatives.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I had some for a while but ultimately sold them. My problem was that loading them was always a struggle. The septum feels as though it's spring-loaded. The film will slide in freely if you keep some pressure on the septum, but with such large film I found that to do that and also get the film aligned with the flanges so it will slide in, I needed three hands. Alas, I have only two.

I ended up with some S&S and Fidelity holders, which work fine for me.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks, Gentlemen. In fact, I was wondering about the pressure plate/ spring loaded septum. It sounds like there are better options.
    Best regards, Markus

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin