Ansco 11x14 film holder question
I have an old Ansco 11x14 studio camera. Probably late 1800's. I need to get a film holder for it, however that is where the problem is. The depth of the ground glass is as best I can tell is 13/32 or approx 10mm. It also does not have that little light trap groove in it. My question would be :
1. Are film holders readily available for these old cameras.
2. Do I need to get a custom film holder made
3. Would it be better to have the back "customized" to accept modern film holders
4. Does anyone out there have an old film holder they would be willing to sell
5. What is the depth of a modern holder, maybe I could grind down the little light trap bar to fit flush in the back.
Mr Galli I know your reading this , what would you do , Any info would be greatly appreciated as this is the only hurdle to using this beautiful old camera. Thanks.............Frank
I am not Mr. Galli, but it would probably be less expensive to adapt the back to accept modern ANSI type film holders than to have custom film holders made.
If you are looking for someone to do this type of work I would suggest Richard Ritter.
Originally Posted by Frank Hoerauf
thanks Sandy, I will give him a call,............frank