Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,537   Posts: 1,544,268   Online: 778

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Ansco 11x14 film holder question

I have an old Ansco 11x14 studio camera. Probably late 1800's. I need to get a film holder for it, however that is where the problem is. The depth of the ground glass is as best I can tell is 13/32 or approx 10mm. It also does not have that little light trap groove in it. My question would be :
    1. Are film holders readily available for these old cameras.
    2. Do I need to get a custom film holder made
    3. Would it be better to have the back "customized" to accept modern film holders
    4. Does anyone out there have an old film holder they would be willing to sell
    5. What is the depth of a modern holder, maybe I could grind down the little light trap bar to fit flush in the back.

Mr Galli I know your reading this , what would you do , Any info would be greatly appreciated as this is the only hurdle to using this beautiful old camera. Thanks.............Frank

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I am not Mr. Galli, but it would probably be less expensive to adapt the back to accept modern ANSI type film holders than to have custom film holders made.

If you are looking for someone to do this type of work I would suggest Richard Ritter.

Sandy King

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Hoerauf View Post
    I have an old Ansco 11x14 studio camera. Probably late 1800's. I need to get a film holder for it, however that is where the problem is. The depth of the ground glass is as best I can tell is 13/32 or approx 10mm. It also does not have that little light trap groove in it. My question would be :
    1. Are film holders readily available for these old cameras.
    2. Do I need to get a custom film holder made
    3. Would it be better to have the back "customized" to accept modern film holders
    4. Does anyone out there have an old film holder they would be willing to sell
    5. What is the depth of a modern holder, maybe I could grind down the little light trap bar to fit flush in the back.

Mr Galli I know your reading this , what would you do , Any info would be greatly appreciated as this is the only hurdle to using this beautiful old camera. Thanks.............Frank

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    thanks Sandy, I will give him a call,............frank

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin