Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,536   Posts: 1,572,724   Online: 760

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by scootermm View Post
    I was knee deep in 7x17 for a few years (close to 8x20) and am now knee deep in 12x20.
    I make due with a kitchen sized sink, counter space, and lots of trays doing platinum/palladium and gum bichrom over printing.

I have a small folding table that my developer tray and hot plate sit on for the Pot. Ox (pt/pd developer).
    I use a big set of those burly steel garage shelves next to the sink for all the successive clearing baths for pt/pds and dev water baths for gum bichrom (one on each shelf).
    The trays are the large black grout mixing trays you can get at homedepot/lowes for about $5/piece. Sized perfectly for 12x20 prints on 15x22 paper.
    There is a big 20x24 Yankee tray washer next to the sink that I use for the final wash. I also have a 20x24 vert/slot print washer in the Laundry room that is hooked up to a "Y" on the cold water for the washer, I use a ball valve on it to regulate flow. This is used for final washing of the pt/pd prints (NOT the gums as itll mar the surface) and I use it for washing my 12x20 negs - 2 per slot makes for the ability to wash ALOT of negs

All my paper coating for pt/pd and gum is done in the bathroom on a glass topped table that sits right in front of the toilet bowl - when coating the toilet bowl becomes my coating chair.

rather minimalistic and sparse, but fully functioning.

Anyone that says you can't shoot ULF without a dedicated darkroom ... tell them "bahh"
    My mind goes back to a time........33 years ago........when I wasn't married. The burly steel garage shelves were the give away.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Jim, my "home" isn't a place to host a party. Thats for sure.
    Nigel Tufnel: It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none.
    None more black.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin