Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,648   Online: 936

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Lenses

Stolen Lenses

My wife, Paula Chamlee, and I got to Chicago, a city we have been commissioned to photograph, and on September 24 our van was broken into and my lenses were stolen. Fortunately, Paula's lenses were in the car our assistant was driving out and he had not yet arrived.

The lenses and lens shades, filters, Pentax 1 degree light meter, etc., were in an older Tamrac backpack.

Here is a list of the stolen lenses. If anyone sees any of these things, please notify me immediately. My email address is at www.michaelandpaula.com.

35" Red Dot Artar in Ilex #5 shutter serial number 812262
    30" Red Dot Artar in Ilex #5 shutter serial number 791676
    24" Red Dot Artar in Alphax shutter serial number 829585
    16.5" Goerz Dagor in Ilex #5 shutter serial number 755927 or no number. We had one lens where the serial number was painted out and this could have been it.
    14" Goerz Dagor or Goerz Double Anastigmat in a Compound Shutter serial number 915881 (I am not sure if it was a Dagor or Double Anastigmat—(I don't pay close attention to equipment). This is a very old uncoated lens and was the only 14" Goerz lens that covers 8x20.

Reward offered. Many thanks.

Michael A. Smith

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    This really makes me sick! I worry when I take all three of my systems out with me. I can't imagine what I would do if I had this happen. I hope the person is found and put in jail. If I had any lenses even close to these I would gladly give them to you to use as long as you needed.

Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    bump
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jgjbowen View Post
    bump
    OK, what does "bump" mean?
    Michael

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    bump is a way to move a post to the top of the "unread messages" queue in an attempt to keep the thread in front of people. it's a gesture from fellow members to say "hey, this is important or useful info, and all you guys should be aware". It is most frequently used in classified ads when the seller believes that people have forgotten about his ad or may not see it because it's buried under newer ads.
    N

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonneal View Post
    bump is a way to move a post to the top of the "unread messages" queue in an attempt to keep the thread in front of people. it's a gesture from fellow members to say "hey, this is important or useful info, and all you guys should be aware". It is most frequently used in classified ads when the seller believes that people have forgotten about his ad or may not see it because it's buried under newer ads.
    N
    Thanks for the info!
    Michael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm sorry for your loss.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Michael,
    When times are tough enough to have something like this happen. you may want to try the local pawn shops I'm sure they don't know what they have and may take them there to get some money for them.

michael andersern
    "Capturing an image is only one step of the long chain of events to create a beautiful Photograph” See my updated website: mandersenphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't forget to place the lenses and serial numbers on the Photo.net stolen equipment registry. Despite some folks here hating on Photo.net (there are lot of haters on APUG - LOMO haters, Kodak haters, scanning haters, etc... I digress), this registry is extensive and just about everyone I know knows about the registry. http://photo.net/neighbor/registry/

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm so sorry for the loss. I know how you feel, last month someone come into my driveway in the middle of the night and broke out my car window and took my camera bag with all my Nikon lenses and a body, not to mention all the other items I loved to use. I am still mad, I turned in all the serial numbers to the police because I thougth it might get hocked but no word yet. My loss wasn't as great as yours and I do hope you recover yours.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin