Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,344   Online: 784

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format

ULF images on the web

For those of you that have website or those that post ULF images, how do you digitize the image so that you can post it? I'm sure there has to be more than one way to do this.

Thanks

John

Shooter
    35mm
    I don't do ULF (yet) but I do sometimes make prints larger than what will fit in my scanner. A couple of times I scanned them in sections and tried to stitch them together. Since I loathe that kind of work I finally just bought an easel and now I photograph them. Fast and easy.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have an HP Scanjet 4890 flatbed scanner (pretty inexpensive) that I make three passes of my 8 x 20 prints, and then use a stitching program to make it a single image. Works very easily and well for me.

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Heidelberg Opal Ultra, 11x17 at a pass.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dozer View Post
    I have an HP Scanjet 4890 flatbed scanner (pretty inexpensive) that I make three passes of my 8 x 20 prints, and then use a stitching program to make it a single image. Works very easily and well for me.

Dan
    ditto to this.
    only difference is I use an Epson 3170 and scan 12x20s in 4 parts, but the scanner makes no difference, any flatbed scanner will do.
    Most important thing I've found when scanning a print in pieces and then stitching together, is do NOT "preview" after the first scan. Lock in the exposure and all other scanner settings and scan all four (or 3 or 2) pieces using the same settings. Makes stitching infinitely easier as you wont have to match up each peices levels/etc.
    I know some people that will photograph the final print with a digicam. Seems to work well for alot of people.
    Nigel Tufnel: It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none.
    None more black.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I photograph my finished 12x20 inch prints in the studio with two polarized lights and a polarizing filter over the camera lens.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Scan the finished print on a flat bed scanner using the photoshop 'stitching' tool - you've done the hard part making the print...stitching is really easy. I stitch with the print already mounted to the mat board. You can check out my website - www.scottpetersphotography.com for results.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    Fast and easy.
    Not hardly as fast and easy as scanning and then stitching PS, unless you are making and copying really large prints.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga View Post
    Not hardly as fast and easy as scanning and then stitching PS, unless you are making and copying really large prints.
    Got the set up right long ago. It just sits there.

lights on-"Kerclick"-crop-size-upload. The digidoohickie puts it right in the 'puter.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    One issue with scanning and stitching is that some scanners, like my old Duoscan, have a slightly recessed glass, which can damage the print.

I just dupe with a digicam that basically lives on a copy stand.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin