Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,023   Online: 908

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for all the input guys. I don't have a 7x17, but do have an 8x20. I have the 355 for use on the 8x10 and the 4x10, and was just wondering if it'd cover the 8x20. Thanks for the confirmation. I have a sweet honey of a lens coming from Jim that'll be my wide-angle on the 8x20.

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Weren't some of the Gold Dots f8?
    Robert, you may be thinking of the WA Dagors, they are f8

jan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertP View Post
    Weren't some of the Gold Dots f8?
    My 355mm Schneider Gold Dot Dagor MC is f8.0, and it dates from around 1985.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Michael, a sleeper of a lens for this format is the Rodenstock Gerogon 14" and the Ilex Process Paragon 15". I use both of these lenses on my 8x20 and they cover to the corners and are very sharp. If you can find them they are not to much $$. I shoot them at F-45 and they are very small and light weight. One of these is going to go into my 11x14 kit. I just have to decide which one.

Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    One of the sharpest I have ever used is a 21 1/4" ektanon. Huge coverage.. covers my 8x20 with plenty of movements and you can usually find them for peanuts.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    If you want a Dagor to cover 7X17 or 8X20 get one of the older ones. It is widely known that the modern 355 Schneider Dagor does not have as much coverage as most older 14¨Dagors. 355 G-Claron gives much better coverage, up to 12X20.

Sandy King

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertP View Post
    One of the sharpest I have ever used is a 21 1/4" ektanon. Huge coverage.. covers my 8x20 with plenty of movements and you can usually find them for peanuts.
    Robert, thanks for the reminder. I have two 21 1/4" lenses. One is the Kodak Ektanon and the other is the Ilex Process Paragon. You can find these lenses from time to time. I can only afford the "sleeper lenses" in barrels for my 11x14 and 8x20's. I have one for each kit. Both of them are indeed, very sharp with great coverage.

Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin