Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,065   Online: 806

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I think one of the last times I was in Freestyle they said that the 11x14 Arista was discontinued. The Efke that I just processed is real nice. They have it in 25 and 100.

Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Try MPEX ... website shows Ilford FP-4 listed in 11 x 14. Might have to check with Jim for current stock status.

http://www.mpex.com/browse.cfm/4,9983.html

Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    I wish the Arista.EDU Ultra was available in 200 in 11x14, but they only make the 100 speed. As that's one of the less-expensive options for the format, short of APHS, it's what I've used. Soup it in Pyrocat HD, 1:1:100
    Didn't Freestyle stop carrying Arista.Edu 100 in 11x14? I'll have a look, the next time that I'm on the Freestyle website—and I go there for drooling activities pretty much every day or two.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    thanks all -

have emailed both fotoimpex and mpex (similar names huh)

we'll see - I'm pretty keen for the Efke as the price is good, that being said for whatever reason my FP4 negs come out better for Pd in side by side comparisons in all developers I have used, seems like with and adequately long time in the soup it just gives up and goes 'oh, ok then have a damn fine neg then' - others always persist in being comparably thin in detail and/or high base fog.

I'm not as scientific with as I know some here are - certainly more than my mates: "fb+f" WTF ?!? - heh heh, perhaps the extra expense of ULF will get me into it a bit more
    Last edited by nick mulder; 02-12-2009 at 04:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nick mulder View Post
    ..."fb+f"...?...
    The combined optical density of film base plus fog.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    heh heh - I could have made that clearer, aside from one individual I meant my other mates who do a bit of film photography, they have no idea what it means
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Nick, I would say to try the Efke PL 100 first. You can extend development and it handles it very well. I have had good success with both the 25 and the 100. You do have to be careful in handling the film. I have not scratched any yet. The Pyro helps I think.

Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Nick,

Last Ilford run when all the dealers were out of stock they could still get LF and ULF film from the distributor. You might call Denis or Fred at the VC store and ask specifically if they have tried or would try their Ilford distributor. I can't remember the distributor's name. When they all have stock I think you will find the VC store has the best price and good service. Tel: 480-767-7105-Denis Mon-Friday open 11:00 AM eastern time.

The second thought would be to post a "wtb" here and in the LF Forum. If you are not a member there you need to sign up and wait 30 days to post ads. Much of the 7x17 film I use has come out dated from other people’s freezers at a reduced price but in excellent working condition.

John Powers

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Just so you know 11x14 isn't part of the ULF run... it never was... it's the largest size that is always available... similar to 8x10.
    If the dealer is out of stock... or doesn't stock the item, they should still be able to order it with their regular Ilford order.
    -Rob
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Skeoch View Post
    Just so you know 11x14 isn't part of the ULF run... it never was... it's the largest size that is always available... similar to 8x10.
    If the dealer is out of stock... or doesn't stock the item, they should still be able to order it with their regular Ilford order.
    -Rob
    I thought that 11x14 fp4+ was part of the ULF run, and that hp5+ was a regular stock item?
    Charles Hohenstein

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin