Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,394   Online: 718

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Okay, this is even better. I was in Yosemite this past weekend and met a very nice young lady and she volunteered to carry my tripod and went with me to various locations to shoot. My walnut tripod is about 13 lbs. so it is no light weight thing. She had never been to the park and I was her guide. I only wish I could have gotten rid of my two companions!!

What we all need...... my 6'2" blond 23 year old assistant! And me all of 5'7"! size does matter...... I had the 11x14 with me!!!

Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Jim......You da man!..Here's the deal....Buy her a one-way ticket to Dallas and I will send you my cart free of charge. Then I'll make a new cart and she can lug it for me. Whatcha think about that? Lemme know what she says ASAP..Oh boy, a new assistant.............Tav

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brickbird View Post
    Colin...To rig up this cart from a Samsonite is cheaper than a box of new 12x20 Tri-X. I'm trying to figure out a way to put a Honda 125cc motor on this thing. Then I would really have something. Go ahead and getcha a 12x20...it's cheaper than a 20x24............TW
    Out, devil, out!

I have an 8x10 I need to learn, not to mention a 4x5. I don't want to become one of these people who runs a museum -- I want to produce!

I really like that format, though. Maybe someday.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brickbird View Post
    Jim......You da man!..Here's the deal....Buy her a one-way ticket to Dallas and I will send you my cart free of charge. Then I'll make a new cart and she can lug it for me. Whatcha think about that? Lemme know what she says ASAP..Oh boy, a new assistant.............Tav
    Tav, I'm not that far from Yosemite and I plan on going up more often now that I have an "assistant". Cart, I don't need no stinkin' cart!!! I feel you're pain my friend!!

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Okay, this is even better. I was in Yosemite this past weekend and met a very nice young lady and she volunteered to carry my tripod and went with me to various locations to shoot. My walnut tripod is about 13 lbs. so it is no light weight thing. She had never been to the park and I was her guide. I only wish I could have gotten rid of my two companions!!

What we all need...... my 6'2" blond 23 year old assistant! And me all of 5'7"! size does matter...... I had the 11x14 with me!!!
    :o

Was she driving a red Ferrari?

She had never been to the park and I was her guide.
    Next week were having a picnic at Point Lobos!

Go man go.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    :o

Was she driving a red Ferrari?

Next week were having a picnic at Point Lobos!

Go man go.
    Curt, you have fun by yourself in Lobos! I'll be lovin' life in Yosemite!
    If there wasn't already enough for me to do in Yosemite!!

Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Jim...Like you're really gonna take a bunch of pics when your new "assistant" shows up. Yeah, right. Let me know the next time you are in Yosemite and I'll call the Ah-honey! Hotel and see who checked into the Tatonka Suite....you'll be filming Kostners' new movie "Dances With Jimbo".....you can't fool us ULFer's.............TW

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Since I have been in the printing business all my life, allow me to publish your next book..."Nudes Under Half Dome"...................TW

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Or your new technical manual........."How my shutter got half-cocked"..............

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Yes, I have been interested for some time in figure studies. In the wilds of Yosemite...... both Ansel and Edward would be jealous! Yeah, right! But then you never know....

At least I know that I will have someone to do the book for me!

Jim

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin