Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,400   Online: 1085

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Speaking of Dagors, is it normal for them to be a little soft wide open? I have an unnamed goerz lens that I think is a dagor but it is slightly soft wide open. Perhaps it is a trigor instead?
    Yes, i have 4 Dagors, all coated and i do find them slightly soft wide open and in addition they have a little glow in the highlights due to less than perfect correction for coma. This is one of the signatures that makes the Dagor so special.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Personally I kinda like the glow at f6.8, as well as the sharpness stopped down. What great lenses!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Goza View Post
    thank you very much. Is the only difference between the Series III and Series IV the coverage? How much do you think a 900mm Series IV Dagor should sell for?
    If they made a 900mm it would be very rare, and likely fetch a lot. I've heard there were some dagors (or double anstigmats) made above 600mm but they rarely are seen, so it's anyones guess how much

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    If its a Trigor it will be marked Trigor with a blue dot. It will also be a f11 lens. The largest Dagor I've seen is a 24". Their literature lists a 30 and 35". The 35" will cover a plate 34x44 sharp to the corners stopped down to f32. I have a 16 1/2" that the serial number dates back to 1903 before the name "Dagor" was used. Naturally it is uncoated and I prefer it that way. It takes great pics.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The Serie IV Dagor was made in up to 1200mm - or at the very least they were listed at up to 1200mm.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Economics 101

Low supply

Larger demand than supply

Capitalism

I love it.

Sorry to see it go...........
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    The Series IVs I have seen are also f/11...I have owned a 19" and a 30" series IV and regret selling both.
    Tracy Storer
    Polaroid 20x24 Studio West
    www.mammothcamera.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TracyStorer View Post
    The Series IVs I have seen are also f/11...I have owned a 19" and a 30" series IV and regret selling both.
    Its been a while since I've seen a 19 or 24" Dagor but the ones I saw I'm pretty sure were f7.7 like my 16 1/2". I know the 19 and 24" Artars are f11 and my 30" Artar is f12.5. What were the exact differences in the series III and series IV Dagors? Apparently the series IV Dagor was an f11 lens so the ones I've seen must have been series III.
    Last edited by RobertP; 04-10-2009 at 06:51 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli View Post
    ...Capitalism

I love it.

Sorry to see it go...........
    Injecting US politics into a non-Soapbox thread??? Oh, wait, post dated April 1. Must have been an April Fools joke...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Series IV was a wide angle lens. IIRC, Goerz claimed it covered 100 degrees, but I can't seem to find the brochure on Camera Eccentrics site although the Series IV is mentioned in passing in the earlier Goerz catalog. I think Tracy saaid the 19" covered 20x24 wide open - which I can't test - but the small size and large coverage are very attractive to owners of older banquet cameras like the 8x20 and 12x20 Koronas that might gasp and die with a f:7.7 Dagor attached to it. A picture of my 19" Double Anastigmat Series IV is attached, mounted in a Copal #3 on a Linhof Technika board.

Cheers, Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SerIV.jpg  

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin