Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,475   Posts: 1,644,352   Online: 917

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

There are also wide angle Zeiss-Goerz f9 Dagors
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    My Dagor doesn't get real sharp out on the corners on a 12x20 until f32. So apparently you have owned a few that are better corrected than mine. A 19" would probably give me a larger sweet spot than the 16 1/2 and perform out to the edges at a larger f stop a little better. Now I have a Kodak 21 1/4" Ekatnon that is way sharper than my Dagor at f16 but it is a coated lens and the higher contrast probably helps a lot. But I'd rather have the character of the Dagor in most cases and that's subjective I know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm peddling as fast as I can JP.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello,

I have oportunity to by a DAGOR f/6,8 F=16,5cm C.P.Goerz Berlin with serial no. 460468. It is not indication anywhere "anastigmat" or "Serie III". But do not know how this lens differ from those most famous Dagor Berlin Anastigmat Seri III lenses? Is it worth paying 200$ and is it good choice for b&w landscape? Want to fit it to my Voigdlander Bergheil 9x12.

regards.
    Piotr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's less information on the Internet about Berlin Dagor's. The German Dagor's are more frequently Barrel mount and not in a shutter.

You need to balance that price against the price of a modern lens second-hand, not much more. All Dagor's are Anistigmat's that's what AGOR stands for Double Ansatigmat Goerz, (in German).

200$ may be a fair price for a Dagor in very reasonable condition, but there are too many variables without much more detail, particularly about the condition etc.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ian,

Thank you.

The lens is installed on C.P.Goerz Compur shutter.
    Has 4 little dust spots on the rear but the owner states it will not influence upon quality of the picture...
    All others look good.

What about "Serie III"? is this any of importance?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've no experience of Berlin Dagor's so can't really help more, Compounds are good shutters, you need to here iton the slow settings, it should be very smooth, my 12" is in a Compound.

Ian

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    What about "Serie III"? is this any of importance?
    The Doppel-Anastigmat GOeRz Serie III is what became the DAGOR after renaming. Others got other names - and some others became DAGOR too. Serie III is the f:6.8 one.

See above - http://www.apug.org/forums/forum187/...tml#post771857
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ole, Ian,

Great thanks, you are always very helpful!

Probably I will buy mentioned Dagor 165mm but I am a bit worry about a few small dust spots on the lens rear... had you issue of that ilk? could it make influence upon quality of the picture?

I have also possibilty to buy Carl Zeiss Jena 165mm F6.8 Double "Amatar" lens for 300$ instead Dagor Anastigmat 165mm ... I know Amatars was similar to Goerz Dagor lenses, do you know what is the differences between Zeiss Amatars and common Goerz Dagor Anastigmat? Do they differ in photo character?
    Last edited by renes; 09-12-2009 at 10:06 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The Amatar is a completely different lens from the Dagor. Both have three cemented elements in each cell, but that is the only similarity!

The Dagor is roughly like this: | ()() where the "|" is the aperture plane. The Amatar is | )()( ! The construction is called "Reverse Dagor", and the Amatar and the Schneider Angulon are the most common lenses of this type.

Personally I love the Amatar. But they tend not to fit in standard shutters, so I use mine on a Speed Graphic...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin