Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,376   Online: 1077

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Remember, mega, giga, PETA!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Trust me 11x14 rocks!! Tera pixels baby!!!

Jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Pretty neat! Can you still get 11X14 films?

Yes, Ilford HP5 is still a stock item in 11x14. Freestyle sells Efke films in 11x14, also. There are "special orders" yearly approx. of Kodak T-max.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    I built an 11x14 and I have the back off a Deardorff 11x14. It is a very nice back. The rest of the camera is not too bad either. Yes you can get film in 11x14, I get mine from Freestyle and I DO backpack with mine. I do 11x14 carbon transfer prints and boy is that big negative wonderful. You really do forget about the weight of the system out in the field when you see the negatives. Someone should pick that up.

Jim
    I have been thinking about building a large format camera. Where did you find directions for an 11x14 camera???

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mcole View Post
    I have been thinking about building a large format camera. Where did you find directions for an 11x14 camera???
    Well, I used my 4x5 Zone VI as my guide. I am a visual builder. If I can see what I'm trying to build it is much easier. My 11x14 was the second camera I built. My 8x20 took a long time and the 11x14 only 10 months. I built everything from scratch except the back and the bellows. I only used a dove tail saw and a small 4" craft saw to cut some of the wood. I have a lot of small and large Walnut pieces to work with. If you take your time trust me it can be done. There are plans for all different sizes of cameras and you should be able to find some with a google search.

Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin