Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,545   Online: 1169

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shutter repairs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmm, I'm starting to think just buying a new shutter is the best way forward. Where could I come across a working Betax 4?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    w00p w00p w00p

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=150349144865

Crisis averted hopefully! One big sigh of relief! Thanks for your suggestions everyone. If this one isn't too good, which shouldn't be the case then its still available for parts should I need one of them repaired over here. Lucky I found that, it didn't appear when typing in 'Betax' for some funny reason, only came across it by typing in 'Wollensak'

Shooter
    Large Format
    Jarvman,
    Flutots are brilliant, Carol makes everything easy and is happy to do buisness with people living abroad. E-mail them and ask if they can help before sending the shutter.
    Pete.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    what about sk grimes? they seem to have lots of stuff like this

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If you are the type who can fix things, open it up and you will find a small wire spring that was rattled off a lever when you dropped it. If the lever doesn't have spring return the T and B won't work. Very likely all it needs is someone to tip it back where it needs to be with a tooth pick. Anyone who can repair a clock work can get this done for you.

If not, I have a good working usable Betax 4 that I boogered the lens it once held.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin