Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,742   Posts: 1,515,589   Online: 908

Shooter
    8x10 Format

8 x 15 Film Holder

I recently purchased a Vageeswari 8 x 15 inch camera. It is in fine shape, but only came with one film holder. Actually it is a glass dry plate holder. Is anyone aware of a source of holders for this camera? Would someone with a similar camera, that plans on modifying it be interested in getting rid of their holder. I would appreciate any help.

uncle jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Strange size. Is it adaptable to 7x17?
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Keith,

No, it is not. It is a little chunkier tha the 7 x 17 format. It's actually about 14.75 x 8.25 inches. I am planning to shoot paper negatives until I can make some glass dry plates. If I can't get any more holders, I'll have to try my hand at making some.

uncle jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Jim,
    My single extension 8x15 was ordered with two extra plate holders. Apparantely, they are difficult to obtain, even for the seller in India, John Alex. One has a partial light trap on the end of the slide that needs some fixing; the other side is fine. Since I have two others that are working, why bother with more work? You can buy it from me or try your luck with John. jn(dot)alex(at)gmaildotcom, me: michaelatstudiocarterdotcom

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Contact awbent@filmholders.com. He will make any size you need.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce A Cahn View Post
    Contact awbent@filmholders.com. He will make any size you need.
    And get out your wallet! Spendy but worth it.

Cheers, Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not clear from this ad if they will make custom sizes:
    http://ssfilmholders.com/?page=film_holders#

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Just won two more 12x15 book form plate holders that need some glue for $212.41. I don't mind because they just aren't common at all.
    Better send your camera to have new holders fit it. I doubt those places make book form plate holders.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi All,

Thanks for your thoughts. I managed to acquire two more holders from the man in India that sold me the camera. Yes, they were expensive.
    I now have the three holders and four lenses for it. Now if I can just get the film that I bought to work everything will be fine. Thanks again.

uncle jim

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin