Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,847   Posts: 1,582,789   Online: 817

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    I also got an argyle 18 with this same plan. I paid $40 for the camera, and it took an hour out there and an hour back. I found an 11x14 holder on ebay for $135 and snagged it. There are a couple for $150-175, but many are $300-400, so start shopping for the deals! My big issue is the back. I want to try and salvage an old one, if possible. If I can't find one, I guess I'll try to build one. You can find 11x14 back springs and GG on ebay every so often, so, you'd just need to cut some wood and cobble it all together - and pray it was all square and sturdy!

Anyway, I'll eventually find a way to add simple movements to the front and back, and take it off the legs/support it currently needs. We'll see how it goes.

by the way, here is mine:

http://janikphotography.blogspot.com...otography.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by janikphoto View Post
    I also got an argyle 18 with this same plan. I paid $40 for the camera, and it took an hour out there and an hour back. I found an 11x14 holder on ebay for $135 and snagged it. There are a couple for $150-175, but many are $300-400, so start shopping for the deals! My big issue is the back. I want to try and salvage an old one, if possible. If I can't find one, I guess I'll try to build one. You can find 11x14 back springs and GG on ebay every so often, so, you'd just need to cut some wood and cobble it all together - and pray it was all square and sturdy!

Anyway, I'll eventually find a way to add simple movements to the front and back, and take it off the legs/support it currently needs. We'll see how it goes.

by the way, here is mine:

http://janikphotography.blogspot.com...otography.html
    Glad to hear that there's another one is in this game.

Honestly, so far I've done nothing more than move the camera a couple of times to get it out of my way.

I really need to win the lottery so I'll have time to take care of all this important stuff that generates no income.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    test

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    test
    ?
    Michael Batchelor

Shooter
    35mm RF

Argyle 23 process camera

i just picked up a Argyle mod number G 23 and i don't have any idea what it dose or what it is please help me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noslack62
    i just picked up a Argyle mod number G 23 and i don't have any idea what it dose or what it is please help me
    Not sure about the G23. I'm not much of an Argyle expert.

The model 18 I originally posted about is a horizontal process camera.
    Michael Batchelor

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah, I haven't done anything except pick up an 11x14 film holder off ebay. I'm going to buy an old 11x14 back with ground glass and attach it to the rear standard. Then, eventually, I'll do more mods... once I feel comfortable using it. Eventually...

Shooter
    Large Format
    I too have recently gotten an Argyle camera. It's the model 23 which is 20x24. Came with a NuArc 300mm lens (which only covers at 1:1) and the vacuum generator to hold the film in the back. I'm going to make it into a 16x20 camera and then most likely sell it. (maybe a wetplate version if there's any interest). I'd like to see others ideas on this subject so please post pictures if you have something to show.

John

Shooter
    Instant Films

Information about Argyle

Hi, guys this is a general question about this camera Talking about Argyle 23 my concern at this moment is to know how much would it cost a camera like this, please consider that is a complete one. Also is in good working condition and complete. Hope someone know price Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin