Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,768   Posts: 1,484,178   Online: 794

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    ^^^ Yes, but where might one buy it? I've looked for the Kodak 5" color neg full-range color (non-IR) and can't find it anywhere. This is what made me decide against buying a 5x12 camera.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Have you tried B & H. ?
    I use 4 x 5 and have been thinking abt. getting the necessary things for 8 x 10.
    But I am told that 8 x 10 ias becoming more scarce.

www.pauljohns.co.nz

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I don't think we'll have to worry about loss of 4x5 or 8x10 color film. I think those will be available in some form or another for several years. It's 5x7 color that's in the most danger of extinction and AFAIK no color ULF exists anymore.

B&H has no roll film wider than 70mm.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mike,
    Aerial film (except for 70mm) is only available via special dealers allocated to the aerial surveying market. For information contact the manufacturers.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Aerial film (except for 70mm) is only available via special dealers allocated to the aerial surveying market. For information contact the manufacturers.
    You mean Kodak? I didn't receive a reply.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Call them in Rochester; nice People.
    And there is Agfa too.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1234 View Post
    this means scanning and digitally removing the seam and tape marks
    Nice try ...
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga View Post
    Nice try ...
    ??????

I know this is an analogue forum so I suppose I was out of place but thought the concept was good... being able to shoot 8x20 color I'm sure is appealing to at least a few here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mike,

11x14 here:

https://www.badgergraphic.com/store/...uct_list&c=262

If someone wants to take the initiative to get up an order as Michael Kadillak did for the recent 8x20 B&W order, I'm sure color film could be had. Kodak's minimum order IIRC was $10,000 which isn't that much ULF film. It can be had, but no one wants very much at any given time, especially since there's more of a development issue with color.

The point is that film is made in master rolls, and if any film is available at all, then any format is at least theoretically available if you can convince the manufacturer to cut and package it in the format you want. Ilford and Kodak does this once a year at no extra charge for B&W, so there's no reason Kodak couldn't also do once a year color runs. But they won't do it for 5 boxes.

Cheers, Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I believe kodak still sells 10" x 6' portra 160 cirkut film, which could be cut to 8x20 for the people willing to try. last time I heard you could get it by the roll around 40-50 dollars a roll

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin