Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,171   Online: 729

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

8 x 20 film availability

Does anyone out there know who has 8 x 20 film these days for sale? I've been scouting the websites of the dealers and I can't seem to find any.
    Dan's website: www.dandozer.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Freestyle

There is a group of 8x20 shooters that is in the process of acquiring a special order of Adox 25 (same formula as Efke 25) at some decent pricing of about $6 to $6.50 per sheet. I will be sending out an update this week and the request for funds right after Christmas and we expect the film to be delivered in about four weeks from payment.

The template can be repeated for just about any format.

PL 100 is the only Efke/Adox film available for ULF from going forward. I like Efke 25 more and find that this film keeps in the freezer especially well. I pulled some Efke 25 that had been in my freezer for over five years and it was as clear as a bell. This is not the case with some PL100 that I used that was slightly past date.

PM me if you or anyone else is interesting in the Adox 8x20 arrangement.

Cheers!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Pl 50 is also nice and keeps very well. I have about 4 boxes 8x20 that is past date in the freezer and no sign of fogging. I like all the Efke/Adox films. I may interested in a couple of boxes of 25 Michael. Robert

Anyone that is interested in participating in an Efke/Adox 25 in 8x20 group purchase that did not get an e-mail from me yesterday should PM me and let me know if you want the details and would like to be included in this arrangement.

We are expecting to move forward with this group purchase right after Christmas.

Cheers!

UPDATE:

We put together a 13 box order (25 sheets per box) of Efke 25 in 8x20 last week and the film was cut the day after the order was place even before it was paid. What was perceived as a 4-5 week wait to receive the film will likely be about two weeks. I handed off the reins to to a 11x14 Efke 25 order and this should be announced shortly.

Cheers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    wow, that's great news!

I'm not a ULF guy, 4"x5" is my biggest really right now, but just shows that Efke's on the ball!

currently HOOKED on efke 25 in 120 and 4x5

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    whatever happened with Bergger? I know forte was supplying their film and are gone, but heard they were going to go to Ilford with their film recipe after that. Is that not happening, or going to happen?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    OT: Has anyone tried using two sheets of 8x10 in one 10x20 holder? They could be held together in the middle with one or two tiny pieces of tape. Of course, this means scanning and digitally removing the seam and tape marks but... you could shoot color.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is the alternative to use 9.7" spooled aerial film.

The disadvantage, next to cutting, lack of stiffness, and maybe curl, is that one has to buy at least 250'.

But one could place the rest of a roll in the freezer, and stack the cut sheets for a while to allow to set. To conquer lack of stiffness one could modify the holder.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin