Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,041   Posts: 1,560,705   Online: 1078

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Wowzers, that would be almost 2 yards (almost 6 feet) of bellows just to focus at infinity. You may find tire kickers but few takers no matter what the price.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I'd love to have it -- I would make a solid bellows 5x7 or 8x10 camera just for it (depending on how big the moon would be on the film. But I could not afford it, unfortunately...especially for the one or two images I would make with it.

Who knows how big the moon would be on the film with a 70" lens?

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Who knows how big the moon would be on the film with a 70" lens?

Vaughn
    70 inch lens. 1/2 of that is 35 inches. 1/2 of that is 17-1/2 inches. 1/2 of that is 8-3/4 inches. So, three doublings of an approximately 9 inch lens. Each time you double focal length, magnification doubles. Therefore, the moon would be (2x2x2=) 8 times larger than it would be with a 9 inch lens. If the moon is 1/8 inch in diameter with your 210 - 240 lens (and I think that sounds about right, from last time I shot the moon with a 210...though it was several years ago), it would be 1 inch in diameter with this lens. Hardly worth using sheet film, unless you were doing double exposures wanting to superimpose a giant moon onto another picture. I'd do it with a 6x4.5 instead.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 12-10-2009 at 08:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Dang -- hardly worth it then -- I might as well hook the beast up to a 4x5 with a roll back.

Thanks.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you use it as a telescope with an eyepiece and a film back where the eyepiece focuses, you can more than fill a 4 x 5 with the image.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    Large Format
    The depth of field on this beast must be about 1/64" :-)

Talk about Bokah!
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Large Format
    Actually, Richard Ritter is currently building a 20x24" camera with 90" of bellows. So, Richard may know a potential buyer for this lens.
    John Bowen

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I know a guy looking for a lens to cover a wet plate camera he is building that will shoot a 6' x 6' ( yes that's feet..how crazy is that?) plate with 12 feet of bellows. He may be very interested in this lens. Robert

Shooter
    Large Format
    The references to using it as a telescope may be something to consider. Some amateur astronomers build their own telescopes, and that may be a good audience to target if you list the lens on the auction site.

Keith Fleming

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    awesome lens. i saw one the other day. massive. almost too heavy to pick up.

keep us posted.

eddie
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin