Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,908   Posts: 1,556,014   Online: 1128

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My next step in the cycle is the arrival of my newest monster, a 12x15 W.Watson. Trying to source some film holders for it is the next task.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I just got a CPA2 with drums that can do 16x20" - excited ! with the lift and extra capacity its much better than the CPE2 - came with 10L of E6 chems also. Might get one 16x20" holder and make a fixed focus camera for it...

I dont have any expert drums but have noted that 20x24" is a goer with them - aside from a larger diameter what else do they have on offer?
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Nick- depends on which Expert drum you get - they will allow you to process anywhere from five to ten sheets of film at a time in a totally even, consistent, scratch-free method. The 3005 will do 5 sheets of 8x10 or even (although it's not designed for it per se) 5 sheets of 5x12. The 3006 will do 6 sheets of 5x7 or 4x5. The 3010 will do 5 5x7 or 10 4x5. The 3063 (no idea where that nomenclature came from as it doesn't match anything else!) will handle up to 1 20x24. You can do multiple smaller sizes in it but it is recommended that you have some kind of anti-slip mat to keep the film in position if you run multiples in one.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Yep, I'm aware of the capacity - just wondering if there was any thing else to warrant the 'expert' tag ? Better distribution of the chems etc... (?)

I have noted that you require a pump to get the top off which pushes prices up a bit also. I think I'll stick with 4 x 8x10" for now - the cost of a pump and a 3063 on ebay is in excess of my complete CPA2 and its many 2000 series drums :o Hardly ever happy with what I have!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    Nick- depends on which Expert drum you get - they will allow you to process anywhere from five to ten sheets of film at a time in a totally even, consistent, scratch-free method. The 3005 will do 5 sheets of 8x10 or even (although it's not designed for it per se) 5 sheets of 5x12. The 3006 will do 6 sheets of 5x7 or 4x5. The 3010 will do 5 5x7 or 10 4x5. The 3063 (no idea where that nomenclature came from as it doesn't match anything else!) will handle up to 1 20x24. You can do multiple smaller sizes in it but it is recommended that you have some kind of anti-slip mat to keep the film in position if you run multiples in one.
    Scott,

Do you have any idea as to how common the 3063 tank is? I think I've seen one for sale second hand in the last few years on this side of the Atlantic.

Tom

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Pump is optional (I have the 3005)
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The 3063 shows up here in the US on E-pray infrequently but regularly. Can't say on your side of the pond.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Nick- the "Expert" designation is because of the internal design, you can use lower fluid volumes and get completely even development edge-to-edge.

Shooter
    Large Format
    It seems that this thread has gotten a bit off topic. I was wondering, how many people have went from 4x5 to ULF without shooting 8x10 or even 5x7?

I was planning to get an 8x10 soon but I would eventually prefer something larger... if I get an 8x10 it will probably become my main camera, rather than my 4x5, and I would want to spend as much on it as I have seen some 11x14s or even 12x20s sell for. I eventually want a 12x20 but that is quite a jump up in size.

Would it be a mistake to jump from 4x5 to ULF? When I started with 4x5 I came from 35mm, this seems a similar jump but maybe I am delusional...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    hmmm,

Mostly just all the extra money you'll be spending on everything - from 35mm to 4x5" you might get away with the same tripod for instance, and if you enlarge on paper then you have trays that can do 4x5" already also - anything above 8x10" and think a complete new well, almost every thing.

Guessing it's obvious but camera weight and size will be a consideration also (think heavy everything)

After maybe a bit of adjusting you should be fine process wise though

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin