Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,253   Online: 998

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I got into ULF when someone on this forum said that I could not build a ULF camera by hand. Oh yeah, I said! So I built my 8x20 and 11x14 cameras from some fine Walnut with matching tripods. Even made the Walnut barrel for my 14" commercial Ektar! Some simple hand tools and a Dremel in my one bedroom apartment. Boy are they fun to use and the images are not bad either.

Jim

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    I got into ULF when someone on this forum said that I could not build a ULF camera by hand.
    Jim
    Waaaaah ?! :o

Who said that ? As you're well aware, get them to have a look at the building and mod section of the forums ...
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Nick, can't really remember who it was. I was told I needed a machine shop and all kinds of fancy tools. Yes, I have several posts in the building section if you go back a bit and that is me next to the 11x14 in my avitar. BTW, I built the 11x14 because I liked the print size.

Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I blame all my ULF love on Kerik Kouklis and Clay Harmon ...
    those bastards.

I do love it so.
    Nigel Tufnel: It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none.
    None more black.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nick mulder View Post
    Waaaaah ?! :o

Who said that ? As you're well aware, get them to have a look at the building and mod section of the forums ...
    What I believe was said was that "No sane person would build their own ULF camera in a one-bedroom apartment that is already a functional darkroom." or something to that effect....

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Vaughn, you know me! The sane part does not apply! I did try to keep the dust to a minimum.... he laughs to himself.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i got a 11x14 camera a few years ago when
    i decided that i liked shooting paper negative portraits ( 8x10 )
    but wanted something a bit bigger. i traded some images for century 8a camera and its semi centennial stand
    ... but the camera didn't have a 11x14 back just a 8x10 ...
    so i made a back, and book style paper holders out of foam core and matboard
    and with the advice of thomas sauerwein taped some waxed paper on the back instead of ground glass ...
    it works amazingly well ... eventually i happened upon a 7x11 back and film holders that i also use ...

i like the long format for portraits and shooting paper works for me since i am too broke to buy film
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have plans to copy the style of my 8 x 10 rear standard, enlarge this out to 16 x 20 and get some film holders and bellows and away I go. Does any one know of who makes this size film holders?
    Pat
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

First View Camera Conference in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Sat in the first row of a Michael and Paula presentation and saw up close and personal marvelous print after print. For the first time in my photographic journey I felt that it was possible to reach a bit higher than was previously possible. Seeing Sandy Kings Carbon prints shortly thereafter at the next talk at the conference absolutely sealed the deal. The first step in the new direction was to discard projection printing as from that point forward I was hooked on making contact prints and the next step was ULF and I have not looked back. 12x20, 8x20, and 11x14. At this stage 8x10 is considered small and 5x7 is like my Leica to me.

Cheers!

Shooter
    Large Format
    My grandfather had a lake house. On the wall was a panoramic photograph of the lake. That image is burned in to my memory (haven't seen the photograph in over 35 years).

Saw an article in View Camera and thought it would be cool to shoot a panoramic format. Decided on 7x17 because film/lenses/holders seemed more available/affordable than some of the larger sizes. I just love the format. Now all I need is for MAS to deliver a boatload of 8x20 Lodima :-)

John
    John Bowen

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin