Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,276   Online: 806

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Had considered some larger variations of the 8X10, but became intrigued with the panoramic format. Seemed appropriate for flat landscapes such as Florida. I haven't used it (7X17) as much as I had originally thought, but maybe this year. As soon as the Lodima arrives, I should be incentivized ;-)
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Large Format
    And here is my downside:

15 months into my ULF travels has caused me to re-assess every photo I have taken previously from the standpoint of sharpness. Every time I look at one of my old photos I cringe because of what I perceive (now) to be a lack of sharpness. Large contact prints are a different animal. I guess I can never go back..........

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pinhole photography is the only way I have done ULF. It is too expensive for me otherwise. My ideal ULF would be a 12x18, but I don't think there is such a thing...so 12x20 it is when I finally get there. For now, my home-built 12x20 pinhole will have to do.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You folks are great.

I'm learning quite a lot here.

Question:

Availability of film? And where?

Keep it up!

I'm learning.

Hope every so often I throw a bone or two to help!
    Bill Clark

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=wclark5179;928016]
    Question:
    Availability of film? And where?
    QUOTE]

Once a year Ilford and sometimes Kodak offer a one time production run of ULF sizes. IMO Kodak has priced themselves out of the market in both actual price per sheet, but also packaging of 8x10 and above at 10 sheets per box. What I want is a large collection of empty yellow boxes.

Kodak has withdrawn size offers that could not draw enough orders for their minimum. Ilford has said if people order it they will make it. I have switched vendors.

I tell my second wife that one of the advantages of second marriage is that we both had 20 cu ft freezers. One of them is in the basement next to the darkroom. She says I am stunningly romantic.

John Powers

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Michael Kadillak is getting a special order of Adox 25 in 8x20 going. I'm in on that one. For my 11x14 I have some film. Mainly Efke 25 and FP-4. I do have a boat load of green sensitive x-ray film that you can still buy for about 56.00 for 100 sheets. Got mine off of e-bay and spent about .04 per sheet. Doesn't get any cheaper than that. Check with freestyle for film in ULF.

Jim

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Go to Badger graphics for 11x14" Provia

B&W I find here and there, search for large format suppliers then have a sniff around their websites or email them - off the shelf even at Silverprint in London - yup, ebay too
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    Michael Kadillak is getting a special order of Adox 25 in 8x20 going. I'm in on that one. For my 11x14 I have some film. Mainly Efke 25 and FP-4. I do have a boat load of green sensitive x-ray film that you can still buy for about 56.00 for 100 sheets. Got mine off of e-bay and spent about .04 per sheet. Doesn't get any cheaper than that. Check with freestyle for film in ULF.

Jim
    Jim,

That xray film looks interesting - concerned however that in sending it overseas it would be x-rayed ...

I understand in not being panchromatic that an EI is hard to discern considering different subjects etc... but what are you using to develop it and what EI are you rating it for what kind of subject ?

Kind Regards,
    Nick
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I started with 8x10, then 11x14, 12x20, 16x20, 14x17, all Wisners. My last one was an 11x14 Ebony.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Pinhole photography is the only way I have done ULF. It is too expensive for me otherwise.
    That's my situation exactly. I'm currently building a 11x14 pinhole camera.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin