Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,593   Posts: 1,546,096   Online: 902

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Once film costs are factored in over a reasonable amount of time the cost of a lens becomes negligible doesn't it ? I would have thought that especially if you don't need infinity coverage or fast lenses then there are hundreds of lenses that could fit the bill ...

yes/no ?

Mind you, pinholes, ok so we're talking wide angles ? Maybe lens choices are limited there.
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nick mulder View Post
    Jim,

That xray film looks interesting - concerned however that in sending it overseas it would be x-rayed ...

I understand in not being panchromatic that an EI is hard to discern considering different subjects etc... but what are you using to develop it and what EI are you rating it for what kind of subject ?

Kind Regards,
    Nick
    Nick, I shoot the green sensitive at ISO 100 and develop it in Pyrocat-HD 1:1:200 dilution by inspection with a red safelight. The film seems to be high contrast and is great in soft light and in sun as well. The Pyrocat tames the highlights. I'm still experimenting with it in 8x10 and 11x14. Portraits and landscape so far. I'll attach a couple of images. I like the high contrast for the carbon transfer prints that I make. All of these are carbon prints.

Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img195.jpg   img208.jpg   wheeler-gorge-bridge-11x14.jpg  

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Sounds like it should be good for Pt/Pd then ? (PMK Pyro)

But the X-ray issue - how to get around that ?

Shooter
    35mm
    to the people wondering about xrays, allow me to explain
    my dad is a doctor and he tells me that an xray works by placing the film next to a rare earth sheet.
    the rare earth sheet lights up under the xray and basically contact prints to the film.
    the film has no special sensitivity beyond its orthochomatic-ness (not a word i realize_

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    ah - yes, I remember reading about this now !

Thanks for clearing that up Atlo

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I just took delivery of my Chamonix 11x14. I have been around a LOT of view cameras but never had a chance to see Chamonix in person and was concerned that many new purchasers on the LF forum were selling their 4x5s. my purchase was a leap of faith. The camera is twice as good as I hoped, an elegantly simple execution of the design and freakishly light. I bought 1 filmholder and it is just as good. I will post some pictures in the next couple of days and maybe do a video. I am halfway through scanning some old chemistry books and need to finish them before I do vids...Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Evan,

I would really like to hear your impressions of the Chamonix after you have used it for a while. I went through this choice a year ago and ended up with a Richard Ritter camera instead of the Chamonix. I couldn't be happier, but I am still curious sometimes. Enjoy the camera and welcome to ULF.

Gary
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for hours.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Evan, welcome to 11x14! Wait until you hold one of those big negatives in your hands. The cameras are the tools so whatever one you choose really is not that big a deal I think.

Nick, the x-ray film will be great for pt/pd, your pyro too.

Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    Evan, welcome to 11x14! Wait until you hold one of those big negatives in your hands. The cameras are the tools so whatever one you choose really is not that big a deal I think.

Jim
    Thanks Gary and Jim,
    I'm 60 and not sure I could cope with a camera which was heavy. I can carry this thing around and I believe the kit will be even lighter than my 8x10 set which is lighter than my 4x5. I can't wait to make a negative, Jim, it will be the same kind of experience as my first 8x10 only better!!...Evan Clarke

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    Jim
    Hi Jim,

I'm in contact with Carrie at the moment ... Looks like a go ahead

300 sheets I reckon

What was the expiry on the box you got ? Also, I wonder being a medical supplier if she has Collodion available, I'll ask ...

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin