Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,794   Online: 675

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Datasheet if anyone is interested:

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/med...ex/XB_411E.pdf
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nick mulder View Post
    Hi Jim,

I'm in contact with Carrie at the moment ... Looks like a go ahead

300 sheets I reckon

What was the expiry on the box you got ? Also, I wonder being a medical supplier if she has Collodion available, I'll ask ...
    Nick, my expiration is 11/08. I have about 280 sheets left from a 500 sheet purchase. I sold 200 sheets to pay for my 300 so I'm virtually shooting 11x14 for free!! Gotta love it.

Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eclarke View Post
    Thanks Gary and Jim,
    I'm 60 and not sure I could cope with a camera which was heavy. I can carry this thing around and I believe the kit will be even lighter than my 8x10 set which is lighter than my 4x5. I can't wait to make a negative, Jim, it will be the same kind of experience as my first 8x10 only better!!...Evan Clarke
    Evan, I'm behind you by a year and my 11x14 kit when I go out comes in at about 45lbs. give or take. This is with 3 lenses and two film holders in an MEI backpack. My huge 14lb. Walnut tripod I carry in my free hand. I can't go as far from the truck as I used to but I keep myself in good shape so if I want to I can. Gets harder ever year. One of those baby jogger things is in the distant future.

Jim

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    Nick, my expiration is 11/08. I have about 280 sheets left from a 500 sheet purchase. I sold 200 sheets to pay for my 300 so I'm virtually shooting 11x14 for free!! Gotta love it.

Jim
    Nice work ! cheeky even

You mentioned shooting in the sun, which will be green laden but in terms of indoor - I'm assuming tungsten wont be so affective, maybe flash will be ok ?

the spec sheet doesn't go into spectral sensitivity ...
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

Ria

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Looking back, my ascent into ULF seems almost inevitable. My first camera was a plastic Kodak. Some years later I inherited my parents' Kodak Pony, a "real" camera, with adjustments and decisions to make. Then the Pony retired as a result of the unavailability of 828 film and I got my first 35mm camera, a Ricoh KR-5.
    I was quite happy with "miniature" film for a long time; then there was that fateful day. A friend showed me some medium format, (6x6 cm), negatives and it was all over but the shoutin'.
    From medium format I went to 4x5 by putting together one of those Bender kits. I saw the 4x5 negs and thought, "This is plenty big."
    Then I went to a camera show and sale and bought a 5x7 Kodak 2-D for $80. (I had just sold an unused 35mm camera for $80, so I took that as a sign.) An 8x10 followed shortly thereafter and a couple of years ago I got a Korona Banquet View 12x20. But that's as big as I plan to go. Really.
    Ria

P.S. Anybody else out there with two X chromosomes shooting ULF?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nick mulder View Post
    Nice work ! cheeky even

You mentioned shooting in the sun, which will be green laden but in terms of indoor - I'm assuming tungsten wont be so affective, maybe flash will be ok ?

the spec sheet doesn't go into spectral sensitivity ...
    Nick, I still need to try more situations with this film. Some still lives are in order with my Fresnel for the tungsten or portraits maybe. The green sensitive seems to work in shadowed light very well. 3 stop range stuff. Contrasty light I just adjust development. Check out the thread on the LFF about x-ray film in the film and developing section for some additional info. One thing I know is that I have some very nice images with this film and some nice carbon prints from it.

jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ria View Post

P.S. Anybody else out there with two X chromosomes shooting ULF?
    A few years ago I met Patricia (can't remember her last name for the life of me). She shot 7x17, but she just sold her 7x17 gear about a month ago.
    John Bowen

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I started with 4x5, then tried an 8x10 and preferred it. Bought an 8x20 and liked that even more so got rid of the 4x5. I have just ordered an 11x14 and have the bellows for a 20x24 I hope to make soon. Why? I like a contact print and it has been a logical progression for me so far. As my eyesight goes the prints need to get bigger to be able to see them.
    Craig Griffiths

Shooter
    35mm
    i've heard you can use those wheeled coolers (sort of like a rolling bookbag) as an okay carrier for large format cameras and stuff.
    also they are cheap. or something like that.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I started with 4x5" after I read the Negative by Adams, and for lots of time I shot with this format, but I started to change my mind after an Andrea Modica's workshop where I watched for the first time in a 8x10" groundglass, althought I decided to change my camera after I saw an Edward Weston exhibition.I bought an 8x10" after some year I decided also to buy an 8x20". I contact print all my negatives on Azo or Lodima and sometimes, but now it's quiterarely in Platinum/Palladium.
    Digital is Slow..........Analog is ROCK!!!!

Visit me at http://www.stefanogermi.com
    Visit My Portfolio in Apug

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin