Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,252   Online: 1006

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Has Anybody Shot Cibachrome?

Has anybody here shot Cibachrome? I know it will be reversed. Just give people mirrors to read the signs. I was more curious about its speed for daylight exposures. Also I guess you would have to filter for daylight as well. Any information?
    Pat
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It won't be reversed if you shoot the transparent stuff! (not that I've done it, I can't even find the paper or chemicals for sale here)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    http://www.timhunkin.com/61_cameras.htm

Scroll down a bit to see his direct to Cibachrome (via mirror) camera.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Have seen some really interesting unique Cibachromes at the V&A in London. Perhaps do a search on these two artists.
    http://www.vam.ac.uk/collections/pho...uss/index.html
    http://www.vam.ac.uk/images/image/46053-popup.html

Richard Learoyd's prints are 50x70 inches. Very beautiful to look at. Here's some more info;
    http://www.union-gallery.com/content.php?page_id=2640

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    A friend of mine did a few. It's tungsten balanced, so filter accordingly. The rated it around ASA 3, I think. You can do a speed test with small 1x1 inch clippings to save paper costs, or use a piece of thin, opaque cardboard to make 3 darkslides. Cut a hole in each: one at the bottom right, one in the center right, and one at top right. Then expose six different areas of one sheet of paper by changing which darkslide is in place (reverse the darkslides for the left side). Give each area a different meter reading, then develop the whole sheet. Choose the ASA you like best with minimal cost.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Greg;

Ciba/Ilfochrome is more daylight balanced than tungsten balanced. That is why you usually use cyan filters in the enlarger pack. So, it is wise to be careful and shoot first with no filtration to see where you want to go.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Cibachrome

I have 4 cibachrome booklets that I will give to any one for the price of postage. They are Cibachrome II technical information, Cibachrome-A II instruction manual, Cibachrome mounting and laminating technical info, and Retouching Cibachrome materials. I also have some Cibachrome paper, 8x10 & 11x14, but they are outdated by about 20 years. They are also available for the price of postage.

John

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Time Freeze, I would be very grateful for some cibachrome paper. I've been meaning to experiment for some time now. Let me know if you would really be willing to send it for postage! Thank you.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks, Ron. I didn't know that about the paper. I have personally never used the stuff, just talked to a friend that has.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Works fine , just a lot of testing required to get a good balance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin