Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,447   Online: 917

Shooter
    Multi Format

Turntable base fixing

I've recenty bought a camera with turntable base and a large central hole. Can anyone tell me how the camera was mounted to the tripod legs, or am I better off making an adaptor plate to a standard tripod mount?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 30.12.09-004-underside.jpg  

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi Tony,

The camera used lose tripod legs that hooked into the holes in the projecting part of the rotating turntable. I saw an adapter on this sight somewhere I believe but have no idea where it was. The adapter that I built for mine consists of two aluminum plates about .05 inches thick (16 or 17 gauge) that are triangular with rounded ends and extend over the three projections of the turn table. There is a wood filler between them just thicker that the thickness of of the projections. Sand the ends near the projections to just thinner than the projections so that when you bolt it all together, with very short bolts or the camera won't close, the plates grip the projections. In The middle use a T-nut, bolted through the plates, for a tripod mount.

Hope that is understandable. I don't have a digital camera so can't send a picture. E-mail me if you are having problems.

uncle jim

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Tony - If you find yourself in Norwich, I have a tripod just like the one Uncle Jim describes. No it is not for sale, but you are welcome to have a look and take measurements.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin