Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,966   Posts: 1,523,358   Online: 1180

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got a Goerz 14" f/11 Trigor which will cover up to 20". It's a barrel lens but could be mounted in a shutter or used in a Packard type. It's for sale, pm me if interested

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks all for the excellent replies.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have 3 lenses for my 11x14, the 450 Fuji c which is too soft, a Nikkor 450M which does everything wonderfully and a 360 Nikkor W. The 360 supposedly has the largest image circle of the 3 lenses but I always get a top vignette with the damn thing (stopped all the way down) if I use some rise. Do you think the 355 G claron will cover more??..Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have a 355 G-Claron and it covers 14x17 with some movement stopped down to f32.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I use a 355mm G-Claron on 12x20 and it does cover with some movements at f/32 and beyond. Also I have grown really fond of my Fuji 450mm f/8 CMW, this is not the little C lens. It is a huge heavy plasmat, but it more than covers 12x20 with plenty of movements. Both of them are sharp across the field, so they would work very well for 11x14. Also the Fuji 600C covers up to 12x20, another great lens.

Gary
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for hours.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If the G Claron will cover 12x20, then so should the Schneider Symmar 360mm f/6.8 or f/5.6, which I believe give more coverage than the G Claron. They are extremely reasonably priced in a barrel (SINAR DB or DBM mount), and give top-notch performance from what I can see, even on 4x5 (which is what I usually use it for). I got mine (f/6.8 model in DB mount) for under $300 shipped with caps in outstanding condition. LF prices are INSANE!!! This is a lens that I would used to have needed to save up for for YEARS to afford, and I got it for what amounts to allowance money in the grand scheme of things.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 07-09-2010 at 06:40 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The 360mm Symmar won't cover 12x20, I tried it, at least mounted in copal 3 shutter. The Clarons have amazing amounts of coverage the farther you stop down, much more so than the Symmars.

Gary
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for hours.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by coriana6jp View Post
    The 360mm Symmar won't cover 12x20, I tried it, at least mounted in copal 3 shutter. The Clarons have amazing amounts of coverage the farther you stop down, much more so than the Symmars.

Gary
    Gary,

The 360mm f/5.6 Symmar convertible covers 12X20 as well or perhaps a tad better than the G-Claron. I have not checked in a while but I believe you get full coverage with the Symmar convertible beginning at about f/32, which is about the same as with the G-Claron.

I would personally much work with the Symmar than the G-Claron if weight and space is not a consideration because composing and focusing at f/5.6 has it all over focusing and composing at f/9.

And I frankly believe the Symmar is a better lens for landscapes than the G-Claron. And they can be real bargains. Going price in a big Compound shutter is generally $500 or less.

Sandy

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I've been using my !4" Rodenstock Gerogon Process lens for the 8x20. Nice and sharp to the corners. Also have the 21 1/4" Ilex Process Paragon that is real sweet on 8x20. No problem with coverage and it did not cost a fortune.

Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by coriana6jp View Post
    I use a 355mm G-Claron on 12x20 and it does cover with some movements at f/32 and beyond. Also I have grown really fond of my Fuji 450mm f/8 CMW, this is not the little C lens. It is a huge heavy plasmat, but it more than covers 12x20 with plenty of movements. Both of them are sharp across the field, so they would work very well for 11x14. Also the Fuji 600C covers up to 12x20, another great lens.

Gary
    I have the hots for the 450 CM-w but haven't seen one for sale this year (could have missed one), I have the two 450s I mentioned before and the Nikkor is great. I want something wider for my 11x14 and thought the 360 Nikkor would be the ticket. Where I have used it so far, I need rise for architectural subjects and have about 15 sheets with top corner vignettes. I'm surprised by the vignetting with the 360 because all the other Nikkor lenses I have are extremely generous in coverage..EC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin