Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,759   Online: 978

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I'm using a 15" Ilex Process lens for my 11x14. It is a great wide and close up lens for me. I have not used a lot of movements on the 11x14 but it seems to cover well and is sharp as all get out. If you can find one or a 14" Gerogon I'd give either one a try for a wide on 11x14.

Jim

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Well, I went a little bit off the wall and bought a Rodenstock 300mm f5.6 Macro-Sironar-N. with reversing elements. I have one of the in a 210 and it's a really nice, very sharp lens. This 300 has a 550mm image circle at f22 but the angle of coverage is 50 degrees so it'll have it's own look. I'll report as soon as I have it..EC

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Evan,

Good Luck finding one of the 450CMW, they are rather few and far between. I have seen exactly 3 for sale in the last three years. I bought mine new in Tokyo a couple of years ago.

Gary
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for hours.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.

Shooter
    Medium Format

WA for 12x20

What would be a decent WA lens for 12x20? 16.5" Dagor?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I use a Schneider 355mm F/9 G-Claron on 12x20 it covers with some movement when stopped down. The 305mm computar and the Schneider 210 Super Symmar XL also will cover. The 210mm Super Symmar is on my shopping list.......someday.

Good Luck.

Gary
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for hours.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    de Golden Busch lenses will cover a 16x20 - if you can find them. They're no longer made, but sometimes you see them for sale, usually at a hefty price.
    http://www.superlarge.com/deGoldenBusch/index.html
    (look at the bottom of the page)

I once owned two of them, the 482mm and the 1012mm (or whatever mm it is) and they easily covered my 12x20. However, they're big,
    bulky and hard to filter. They were made by Mells Griot.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I have a 48 inch APO Artar, not the 47.5 inch Red Dot Artar. It is huge and heavy. I need to put it in a shutter of some kind because it is missing the aperture blades due to damage. It easily covers 20x24.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Another lens to consider for the 11x14 crowd is the Kodak 14" Commercial Ektar, or the 10" Wide Field Ektar, which will cover 11x14. I don't know how much movement you'll get with the WF Ektar, but it does cover.

Shooter
    8x10 Format

gclaron 355 or fuji 600 c

im looking at a fuji 600mm c or glcaron 355 for the 16x20 format.

anyone using either of these lenses with this format + movements? any preference? will the 600 cover more movements than the 355 for close-up copy work?

technical specs would be helpful. image circle at various f stops...

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by harlemshooter View Post
    im looking at a fuji 600mm c or glcaron 355 for the 16x20 format.

anyone using either of these lenses with this format + movements? any preference? will the 600 cover more movements than the 355 for close-up copy work?

technical specs would be helpful. image circle at various f stops...

thanks
    This issue will be driven more by the length of bellows you have to work with under macro conditions than anything. Generally speaking you would be better served by the 355 G Claron because of its shorter focal length. Plus the G Claron is a repro lens to begin with.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin