Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,913   Posts: 1,584,698   Online: 667

Shooter
    35mm

Goodkin Stat Camera, Film and Developer

So I picked this thing up today and was wondering if anyone knows more about it. I can't seem to find much more information other than it was made by Goodkin, haven't yet found a model number.

Included a "Goodkin Graphinar 8 1/4" F8" Lens, pretty large coverage, pretty dusty and seems to have some fungus (luckily just on the outside) and bellows that are roughly 17"x20". Finally, three boxes, one with 12"x18" "Agfa Rapidoline Ortho RA 710 p" and two of 18"x24" Agfa positive paper. Finally there's a developing machine and two sets of lights (four 650W tungsten bulbs) and a vacuum pump for the vacuum... thing.

I hadn't heard of a stat camera before yesterday but it was free so no complaints on this end. All I've been able to come up with so far is that it was used by graphic designers to enlarge, you know, graphics. I know nothing about the printing process associated with it or how useful any of that film is since it's at the very least 15 years old. I mostly picked it up for the lens and the bellows whose condition is up in the air at the moment.

I can take more pictures or answer any questions if anyone has any, I'd really appreciate any tips or a direction to look for more information on this behemoth.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The processor is for diffusion transfer processing. You exposed a negative (CPN) material in the camera and passed it through the processor with a receiver sheet (CPP) which you have. When the two sheets exited the processor after passing through the activator solution, two rollers pressed the sheets together. The image transfered from the negative exposed sheet to the receiver sheet and were peeled apart after 60 seconds. IIRC Polaroid was an improvement on this process. There were many combinations of negative and receiver materials. If still good, the film might give you a very high contrast image developed in something like Dektol. Speed would be around ASA 6.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The CPP paper is RC with a receptive topcoat. It might have other uses than just white paper.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin