Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,768   Posts: 1,516,491   Online: 855

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10X12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Wephota (=Efke or Foma) sells 10x12" B&W films with 25 or 100 ISO.
    Philippe Grunchec

"The fundamental problem any artist faces in regard to craft is that it must be largely ignored" Richard Benson.

http://philippe.grunchec-photographe.over-blog.com/

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Curt,

There is some 10 x 12 HP5 for sale over at the Large Format Forum. 1, 25 count box for 75 dollars.

not sure if you are ready for that or not but I thought you might want to know

best of luck

Monty

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
    I shoot a Canham 10 x 12 for both film based Pt/Pd Gumover work and my wet plate work. I LOVE the format. PM if you want any specific questions answered but the format itself is great, significantly bigger than 8 x 10 but not as monstrous as 11 x 14. At least that's the Goldilocks feel it gives to me......just right

monty
    I totally agree with Monty about this format. It also happens to be the largest I can now handle comfortably. Film is readily available in the Ilford yearly run.
    When I was 16 I thought my father the stupidest man in the world; when I reached 21, I was astounded by how much he had learned in just 5 years!

-appropriated from Mark Twain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting thread, I was thinking about this format myself as I came into some green/blue single emulsion mammo film for free(100 shts) and wanted to use it. Mine rated at iso 50 in D-23 3:1 gives a good continous tone image with my "thrown together gator bd pinhole".
    No escaping it!
    I must step on fallen leaves
    to take this path

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I ordered a box of Green and have it now so I'll test it out. I am going for an 11X14 camera now, working on it each day. I still think 10X12 is a great format. Maybe a reduction back?
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin