Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,611   Online: 943

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I too received an email from Chris Corner about my WTB ad here. I'll not going anywhere near!

Terry

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I also got an email from the guy about my WTB ad. I replied asking for pictures and more info, but he never responded. The whole tone of his email seemed fishy, especially when he offered no details except western union.

Sounds like we have a scammer in our midst.

Gary
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for hours.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yep, just got Chris Corner's email as well.

Apparently he has what I'm looking for in perfect condition! Daaaammmmnnn.... you mean the tungsten film I want isn't dusty, scratched or broken? To think, someone would sell me film that is in perfect condition, WHAT A GENT!

Total SPAM

Shooter
    35mm
    Dude's IP is Nigeria, not the UK. I've banned him.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Awesome. Sayonara sucker!

On that note, I sent an email to the moderators before discovering this thread, so please disregard it.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've posted a general warning in the APUG forum.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi YOP92270 - Always pay with your credit card, then you can call the credit card company and say that you never received the product. A customer called me up about getting 20x24 HP5+ film and he told me what happened to him. He had ordered 20x24 film from someone in Europe saying he could get him 20x24 film form China. He wired about $2000. He never got his film or his money back.

Fred Newman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    Dude's IP is Nigeria, not the UK. I've banned him.
    By the third line of the OP I already figures that the London address was London, Nigeria. :o

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by frednewman View Post
    Hi YOP92270 - Always pay with your credit card, then you can call the credit card company and say that you never received the product. A customer called me up about getting 20x24 HP5+ film and he told me what happened to him. He had ordered 20x24 film from someone in Europe saying he could get him 20x24 film form China. He wired about $2000. He never got his film or his money back.

Fred Newman
    It's important to note that a Visa debit card is *NOT* considered a credit card, at least not so under US law. I don't know much about the laws outside the US.

I had a wallet stolen last year, and a wonderfully helpful bank employee gave the the details about all kinds of ways fraud can/cannot happen or be prevented. The official "credit card" is the ticket to limiting fraud liability in untrustworthy transactions.

(Although everything I've ever bought from Fred seemed to come from eBay and get paid by Paypal. But Fred's not a fraudster!)

Michael
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I think this was person on the email I got over the weekend wanting to sell me a 8x10, I deleted because even though on LFF I was talking about mounting lenses on a large camera , I did not request an item , thought this was pretty strange.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin