Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,795   Online: 1086

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Who else is shooting the 11x14" Provia from Badger graphic ?

Hi,

I've finally got a chance to shoot some of the 11x14" Provia that I got from Badger Graphics a year or so ago. Shooting portraiture at 1:1 magnification with a Dallmeyer 4A - thats about 15" or so - as its 400ASA I'm finding that f4 is more than enough, even with the 4 stops of bellows compensation

The format allows a full head shot with none of the cramped/cropped composition issues of 8x10" at 1:1...

Developing in Kodak 5 bath at home here with a CPE2.

Wondering who else got some and what they're doing with it ?

I have 10 more sheets - and I think 16 $heets of 5 year old Velvia 11x14" heading my way soon - after that its back down to 8x10" E6 - ah well !
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

lns

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I hope you post some of these shots. 11x14 Provia sounds amazing.

-Laura

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, please post if you would.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I bought some frozen 11x14 RTP dated 2000 about 3-4 years ago on ebay. I just got around to testing it- got it developed at Duggal. (just in case anyone else still has some 11x14 E6, Duggal doesn't have 11x14 hangers- they hang it off a roll film hanger and use roll film clips- but C-Lab claims they do have 11x14 hangers) I didn't expect much but the test came out with perfect color and perfect exposure- skin tones, kodak gray scale, kodak color chart- with a (graphite/white) oil painting in the background using Hedler lights. Lens used was a Goerz Apochromat Artar. The blacks looked perfectly black- didn't look like it lost a speck of density to age. I spent more than 25 years evaluating E6 film working at Duggal, L&I and Westside Labs- so this was a shock actually. From my experience, transparency film never stands up this well. Now I too have to figure out a worthy project with the remaining 48 sheets. I used to shoot tungsten 4x5 a lot at night for long exposures (1 hour and longer) and the sky became the deepest blue I ever saw on E6 film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shoot 5-7 yo Provia 100 RVPIII? in 120 that was frozen from the day I received it fresh and just recently it was fine.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin