Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,141   Online: 1027

Shooter
    Multi Format

Selling my 11x14(+) project. Advice needed.

Hello!

I have had an 11x14+ project in my closet for a couple of years. I have to admit that I will not have the time nor proper workshop to build myself an ULF camera in the foreseeable future. Unfortunately even my 4x5” does not see enough use these days. So, I want to sell the ULF items I've acquired. Here's a brief description of what I have.

Two boxes of Bergger BPF 200 11x14” film (2007/07). One box is opened and it should have 24 sheets left. The other is unopened.

Three barrel lenses:
    305mm f9 Agfa-Geavaert Super-integron.

480mm f9 APO-Nikkor with ring.

60cm f11 lens of unknown make, compatible with the mounting ring of the Nikkor lens and similar in size and make. Heavier than the Nikkor.

Then I have huge bellows. I bought it for 11x14 camera but I believe it could be used for even bigger formats. They fold very nicely flat, to about 50mm (2”) in thickness. I have no idea about the origins of these bellows nor the material they were made from.

The bellows are approximately 610 x 500mm overall. (24 x 19 5/8”)
    They have about 1000mm of draw. (39”)
    The opening in the back end is roughly 540x420mm when measured conservatively. (21 1/4 x 16 1/2”)
    The front is 270x290mm. (10 1/2 x 11 3/8”)
    The bellows can flex for front standard movement of roughly 350-450mm (14-18”).

But... I checked the bellows with a flashlight and boy they have a lot of tiny pinholes. Should I just discard them? I have no idea how easy it is to repair bellows properly.

Where should I sell them? I am practically new to APUG but I have some reputation at ebay.
    I have no idea about the coverage of the lenses. Can you help?
    Are the bellows junk that I should throw to the trash bin?

I appreciate your help. I really want to get rid of this stuff as it is just occupying space in my closet. I'll post a link to some photos later.

Mikko

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Where are you located ?

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh, sorry I forgot to mention that. All items are located in Jyväskylä, Finland.

Here are some photos: 11x14 items
    Mikko

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, Mikko !

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I realized my initial post looks a bit like an sales ad. It is not yet for I'd like to know more about the Agfa and unlabeled lenses. Also I appreciate any advice on selling the bellows and whether I should bother myself with it at all.
    I'll post an ad in the classifieds separately.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i repaired my bellows with a mixture of pva glue ( poly vinyl acetate ) and black india ink.
    it took about an hour maybe 2.
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin