Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,521   Posts: 1,572,231   Online: 855

Shooter
    Multi Format

Selling my 11x14(+) project. Advice needed.

Hello!

I have had an 11x14+ project in my closet for a couple of years. I have to admit that I will not have the time nor proper workshop to build myself an ULF camera in the foreseeable future. Unfortunately even my 4x5” does not see enough use these days. So, I want to sell the ULF items I've acquired. Here's a brief description of what I have.

Two boxes of Bergger BPF 200 11x14” film (2007/07). One box is opened and it should have 24 sheets left. The other is unopened.

Three barrel lenses:
    305mm f9 Agfa-Geavaert Super-integron.

480mm f9 APO-Nikkor with ring.

60cm f11 lens of unknown make, compatible with the mounting ring of the Nikkor lens and similar in size and make. Heavier than the Nikkor.

Then I have huge bellows. I bought it for 11x14 camera but I believe it could be used for even bigger formats. They fold very nicely flat, to about 50mm (2”) in thickness. I have no idea about the origins of these bellows nor the material they were made from.

The bellows are approximately 610 x 500mm overall. (24 x 19 5/8”)
    They have about 1000mm of draw. (39”)
    The opening in the back end is roughly 540x420mm when measured conservatively. (21 1/4 x 16 1/2”)
    The front is 270x290mm. (10 1/2 x 11 3/8”)
    The bellows can flex for front standard movement of roughly 350-450mm (14-18”).

But... I checked the bellows with a flashlight and boy they have a lot of tiny pinholes. Should I just discard them? I have no idea how easy it is to repair bellows properly.

Where should I sell them? I am practically new to APUG but I have some reputation at ebay.
    I have no idea about the coverage of the lenses. Can you help?
    Are the bellows junk that I should throw to the trash bin?

I appreciate your help. I really want to get rid of this stuff as it is just occupying space in my closet. I'll post a link to some photos later.

Mikko

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Where are you located ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh, sorry I forgot to mention that. All items are located in Jyväskylä, Finland.

Here are some photos: 11x14 items
    Mikko

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, Mikko !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I realized my initial post looks a bit like an sales ad. It is not yet for I'd like to know more about the Agfa and unlabeled lenses. Also I appreciate any advice on selling the bellows and whether I should bother myself with it at all.
    I'll post an ad in the classifieds separately.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i repaired my bellows with a mixture of pva glue ( poly vinyl acetate ) and black india ink.
    it took about an hour maybe 2.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin